Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KiwiBuild - Labour's latest spectacularly stupid idea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Davo36 View Post

300 houses that others have built. Gosh, soooo impressive.
    Not even that many.

According to the TV1 news, 33 built so far and 77 under construction.
    That's 110.

The balance of the 300 'or so' are still at the planning stage.

Any bets on them being completed and sold by July 2019?

Comment

• Some right dodgy arithmetic, here:
      KiwiBuild is the Government's flagship housing policy, a promise to build 100,000 affordable homes over the next ten years.

The 1000 homes target was set to be followed by 5000 homes the following year then 10,000 the year after that.
      Originally posted by Dhil Twitford
      It's clear now that we won't meet our first year target, and that's a real disappointment to me.
      And a few others, too, I suspect.

Comment

• I built (relocated & renovated) 5 houses in 10 months last year - the entire labor government backed program might deliver 50 in what they call 12 months but we all know is 18 months.

Whilst I thought 1000 was a stretch, 33 or even 50 is pathetic.

Comment

• Is it better to try and fail than never try at all?
          A Govt with aspirations will always set itself up for some failures - better to just adopt a steady as she goes, don't rock the boat, there are no issues to see here approach.

If you are going to fail fail BIG.

Comment

• In a sense, you're quite right, Wayne.

What the W'gton woodenheads could try would be to under-promise and over-deliver.

Wouldn't that be a refreshing change?

But their spin doctors will tell them that such a policy would not win elections.

And so the truth is buried and the BS continues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
              Is it better to try and fail than never try at all?
              A Govt with aspirations will always set itself up for some failures - better to just adopt a steady as she goes, don't rock the boat, there are no issues to see here approach.

Yes it's a pathetic amount, but still better than the National line that there was no housing crisis and everything is fine.

3% of sales are by foreigners blah blah blah.
              Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• It has been said that the people get the government that they deserve.
                Given how people like headlines and have short attention spans leading to 'sound bites', that is what they get.
                I suspect that a Govt (or prospective Govt) which came out with a long term vision (anything longer than a year or 2) would lose the people very quickly.

Comment

Is it better to try and fail than never try at all?

I’m gonna try to jump to the moon.

Is it really better to try and fail while taking a whole lot of misguided people on the journey with me... getting their hopes up only to let them down or is it better to know that it’s just not possible and focus my attention on something else?

Comment

• Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post

Is it really better to try and fail while taking a whole lot of misguided people on the journey with me... getting their hopes up only to let them down or is it better to know that it’s just not possible and focus my attention on something else?
                    I suppose some of this depends on if you are a glass half full or half empty person.

Comment

• Are you suggesting my inability to jump to the moon is driven by my attitude?

Maybe if I spend tens of thousands of dollars on a coach like Tony Robbins I’ll have a more positive attitude and I’d be able to make that jump.
                      Last edited by Don't believe the Hype; 24-01-2019, 06:53 PM.

Comment

It has been said that the people get the government that they deserve.
                        Given how people like headlines and have short attention spans leading to 'sound bites', that is what they get.
                        I suspect that a Govt (or prospective Govt) which came out with a long term vision (anything longer than a year or 2) would lose the people very quickly.
                        That's a sad indictment of the NZ Constituency in general, but IMNSHO, all too true, Wayne.

Trouble is, the few of us who do have longer attention spans, etc., get lumbered by woefully inadequate - if not abysmally incapable - political representatives.

Bugger.

Comment

Are you suggesting my inability to jump to the moon is driven by my attitude?

Maybe if I spend tens of thousands of dollars on a coach like Tony Robbins I’ll have a more positive attitude and I’d be able to make that jump.
                          No, you have it all wrong.

You have to buy the book The Secret and read it every single day.

Then if you don't get to the moon, it's just because you really didn't try hard enough, or want it enough.

Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Are you suggesting my inability to jump to the moon is driven by my attitude?

Awh now DBTH you're just looking at this the wrong way,
                            Tony would tell you to reframe.
                            When you say Jump to the moon, everyone knows that's not possible so it must be a figurative Jump, just like we say jump on a plane.
                            And with Space-X taking fare paying passengers, it is therefore very possible to "Jump" ie travel to the Moon.
                            its all in the way you spin it !

Now what Dhil meant when he said Labour would build 100,000 houses, was a figurative "we will build" cos everyone knows its just not possible for Labour to physically build anything, they couldnt organise a boozup in a brewery.
                            So figuratively, ie getting others to build by putting in place the right environment, there may have been a chance that a good number could be built.

Instead everything Dhil did and has signal will/may do has the exact opposite effect.
                            Its criminal negligence under the guise of ideological Nirvana, which as you say, has risen the hopes of the hopeless and destroyed what was a pretty solid building industry,before they started interfering.
                            Food.Gems.ILS

Comment

• Crusher has just released a comment on the Twitfords scorecard as a cabinet minister on number of houses:
                              Housing: 33 built
                              Transport: 61 demolished

Total: -28 houses in 14 months.

Funny AF!

Comment

• Isn't Dhil Transport Munster, as well?

Comment

Working...
                                X