Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Hoy Fong - Will The Next Boom Be The Boom Of All Booms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good on you Ron

Originally posted by RonHoyFong View Post
    As I had said earlier:
    Captaincrabb (alias nameless identity) I guess its a sore point that you have no credibility with your name.

Interesting to see that you disagree with "perhaps" and "maybe" when looking into the future.

Sorry to say that the only person who walked this planet and could predict accurately the future died approx 2007 years ago.

Your childish remark about "Sticking to Mt Wellington" is no different to a Kindergarten Kid saying you can't play with his ball because he is losing.

There can be no credibility when two people with no-name-identities get together.

Patting each other on the back doesn't change your credibility.

If I was to hedge against the comments of a person who has no signature or against someone who has an identity, I certainly know which to follow and I afraid it isn't either of you.

As the "Saffron" with the Richmastery name to it... Now that is something worth giving my "Due Diligence" too.
    Good on you Ron still standing as a strong man with all those attacks. PT needs this to keep the party running.
    Since I see you are running out of bullets and have no choices but have to start arguing on wordings, people's nicknames, shouting "who the hell are u dare to challenge me", and even calling on Jesus. I decided to stand on your side this time.

Guys, Ron is right, there's always opportunity there in general, in a long term.
    Remember Ron maybe more into a long term argument that apartment values will eventually go up, which is likely.

Can't you all see the point - He is the one wants to talk about "Boom of all Boom" at this time of the cycle.

Yes, Buy and Hold - true! Yes - hold long-term, it will eventually go up, true! (But...)

To Ron, there could be new Mt Wellington in Auckland CBD, same as that there could be Auckland CBD in Mt Wellington!
    Last edited by lautrecote; 31-07-2007, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lautrecote View Post
      Good on you Ron still standing as a strong man with all those attacks. PT needs this to keep the party running.
      Since I see you are running out of bullets and have no choices but have to start arguing on wordings, people's nicknames, shouting "who the hell are u dare to challenge me", and even calling on Jesus. I decided to stand on your side this time.

Guys, Ron is right, there's always opportunity there in general, in a long term.
      Remember Ron maybe more into a long term argument that apartment values will eventually go up, which is likely.

Can't you all see the point - He is the one wants to talk about "Boom of all Boom" at this time of the cycle.

Yes, Buy and Hold - true! Yes - hold long-term, it will eventually go up, true! (But...)

To Ron, there could be new Mt Wellington in Auckland CBD, same as that there could be Auckland CBD in Mt Wellington!
      Hi P/T'ers

Just to put the record straight I want to be he first to say that I have no objections to the use of Avatars or Non-de-plumes.

However when a secret identity is used this is the very type of threatening comments I totally object too:
      Originally posted by Captaincrab
      You have no credibility at all and whats great about that, is that we all know your name.
      Providing positive comment is fine

Providing constructive criticism is fine

Providing supporting comments is fine

Asking learning questions is fine

Asking awkward questions is fine

Continually asking awkward questions for entrapment is out of order.

But to denigrate other entities, persons, or avatars behind the cloak of a secret identity to me is total cowardice.

I liken it to the early days of non digital phone calls when unidentified callers would ring up making obscene or abusive calls, not say who they are, then hang up, and are gone.

Today those calls just don't happen as much because of the traceability of the caller through modern computerizations... I wonder why?

Cheers Ron
      (alias "The Last Man Standing")

PS - I would be interested to know why the strong critics such as PM, CC, CD find it so important to stay unidentified. Is it so that they have the cowardice protection of a secret identity when making abusive and obscene remarks notably against anything that "Richmastery" or anyone who has dared to support RM such as Steve Goodey or myself?
      Last edited by RonHoyFong; 02-08-2007, 01:46 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Five Main Causes Of People Going Broke

Read in an Insurance Newsletter...

Did you know the five main causes of people going broke are:

1. Job Loss

2. Excessive Use of Credit

3. Relationship Breakdown

4. Ill Health or a Lack of Health Insurance

5. Decision to Stand as Gaurantor for Someone Else's Loan or Business Venture

Perhaps something we should be mindful of as we enter into a Flat / Slump Cycle before the "Boom of all Booms" ?

Cheers Ron
        (Asking the Boomer Questions)

Comment

• NZ Business Herald: Labour market tight ss a drum as jobless drop

Latest breaking news articles, photos, video, blogs, reviews, analysis, opinion and reader comment from New Zealand and around the World - NZ Herald

Unemployment Story

Labour market tight as a drum as jobless drop
          5:00AM Friday August 10, 2007
          By Brian Fallow

The labour market remains as tight as a drum, with the unemployment rate falling to a record-equalling low of 3.6 per cent in the June quarter.

There was little in the Household Labour Force Survey to reassure a Reserve Bank looking for a slowdown and emerging slack in the economy.

The number of people employed grew by 14,000 - more than twice what the market expected - on top of the strong increase of 25,000 in the March quarter.

At the same time the supply side of the market tightened. The working age population (everyone over 15) grew a scant 7000 or 0.2 per cent, the smallest increase for six years, reflecting a net outflow of migrants.

The participation rate, which is the proportion of the working age population either employed or actively seeking work, rose to a record 68.8 per cent.

That met most of the extra demand for workers; the rest came from a 2000 fall, to 81,000, in the number of unemployed.

However, the strong employment growth in the first half of this year followed a weak second half of 2006.

Compared with a year ago employment has increased a more moderate 33,000 or 1.5 per cent. That is well off the 4.5 per cent pace of late 2004.

And just over half of the June quarter's employment growth was part-timers. That is also reflected in the fact that while employment grew 0.7 per cent, hours worked increased by only 0.3 per cent.

On an annual basis, employment increased 1.5 per cent but hours worked only 0.7 per cent.

This suggests employers have been "hoarding" labour, fearful that if they more accurately match staff numbers to their present requirements they will not be able to recruit the additional workers they need later.

"The fact that most of the employment growth continues to be driven by part-timers is perhaps a reflection of firms having to be a bit more flexible in accommodating new recruits," ANZ National Bank chief economist Cameron Bagrie said.

"Indeed the rise in the participation rate to a new record high suggests that people who would not normally be looking for work have been able to gain employment rather easily."

The participation rate among women rose from 61.9 to 62.2 per cent, the highest since this statistical series began in 1986.

That might be a result of Government policies like Working for Families, which were at least partly designed to encourage beneficiaries to return to the workforce and to lift female participation.

Most of the jobs growth occurred in the services sectors like retailing and business services. Manufacturing employment shrank.

The Bank of New Zealand's head of research, Stephen Toplis, said the tightness of the labour market was the single biggest problem facing the economy. Job security left people feeling "bullet-proof" and comfortable spending up large both on housing and through the retail sector and becoming less resistant to price rises, he said.

At the same time business had to cope with increasing wage bills, high staff turnover and output being constrained by the inability to find staff. These factors compressed profit margins and encouraged firms to raise their prices.

Toplis said yesterday's figures were evidence that the economy's starting point was more inflationary than the Reserve Bank thought.

Not only is the unemployment rate lower than the 3.8 per cent the bank forecast, but the June quarter alone had just delivered half of the employment growth it expects for the full year to March 2008.

ANZ's Bagrie agrees strength in the labour market will continue to be a source of inflationary pressure for some time.

"However it is unlikely to prompt the Reserve Bank to hike [the official cash rate] in September."

Surge in jobs

* June quarter sees 14,000 more jobs, on top of a surge in March.

* Unemployment falls to a record 3.6 per cent.

* Labour force participation hits a new high.

* Little sign yet of the cooling economy the Reserve Bank seeks.

My thought - again!

So we have an increase in Jobs and an insufficient increase in workers.

So will wages increase through employers competing for staff to be retained or recruited.

Wages up + Mortgage Interest up = Rents up?

Naturally there will be a correction in the market as we move to the next stage of the property cycle,

then

Mortgages drop as the economy slumps

Employers will recruit from overseas to fill staff shortages

So immigration increases, housing demands increases,

but

Then Baby Boomers will start retiring, or work part time, and do less hours,

Additional migrants needed (double increase), + more beds + more houses + more rents = Boom of all Booms?

In the 1970's boom there were a lot of mum at home looking after family and were not registered as unemployed. Today mum's are back to work ASAP with the young ones in Kindy Care. Also there is a large numbers of skilled migrants who are on work permits who do not count as permanent residents.

I see no reason why there won't be another opening of doors to immigration. We have historically had it periodically in the past. ie Europeans post war, Dutch in the 60's, British in the 60's and 70's, Pacific Islanders in the 70's, Vietnam Refuges in the 80's, Asians in the 90's, plus large Students population 1995 to 2000?,

So from 2010 and on?

So the Question is: Whilst we now show sign of a flat slumping market (?); come 2010 - 2012 "Will the Next Boom be the Boom of all Booms?"

Cheers Ron
          (Asking the Boomer Question)

Comment

• I'm ready for another boom!

I wonder though about those employment rate figures - Kiwisaver, high interest rates and $$ wiped of the value of publicly listed companies....a fall before another rise is inevitable for struggling Kiwi enterprises, and probably good timing for John Key and the National party.

Cheers,

Donna
            Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

• Hmmm - Sanctuary Group, now known as Haven Group Ltd etc. and Chen have just been outed on Fair Go as screwing their tenants for non-existent fire department fees.

Given the number of companies these guys have set up / the number of shoddy apartment they've been involved with, would YOU touch these guys with a barge pole.

Just have a search on the companies register and you'll begin to see the tangled web they weave.

PS - you can also get details of the company directors there, and then look them up on whitepages.co.nz if you want to discuss the issue with them directly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sanctuary None View Post
                Hmmm - Sanctuary Group, now known as Haven Group Ltd etc. and Chen have just been outed on Fair Go as screwing their tenants for non-existent fire department fees.

Given the number of companies these guys have set up / the number of shoddy apartment they've been involved with, would YOU touch these guys with a barge pole.

Just have a search on the companies register and you'll begin to see the tangled web they weave.

PS - you can also get details of the company directors there, and then look them up on whitepages.co.nz if you want to discuss the issue with them directly.
                This was an incredible story, the tennant set off the smoke alarm from burning rice in the microwave, as mentioned they tried to screw the tennant $2,000 for a non-existant fee from the Fire Department (which the fire chief says the practice is increasing). When she wouldn't pay it they threw her out at 0130 in the morning and she had no-where to go. They don't have normal Residential tenancy agreements, but a "right to occupy" agreement normally used for commercial agreements not private residential. The tenant managed to get a hearing at the tribunal, I believe to try and see if what they are doing is legal, but he ajudactor reserved her decision and wants to visit the apartment. Fair Go will continue covering the story.
                "If you think education is expensive, try ignorance"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sanctuary None View Post
                  Hmmm - Sanctuary Group, now known as Haven Group Ltd etc. and Chen have just been outed on Fair Go as screwing their tenants for non-existent fire department fees.

Hello sanctuary none,

Welcome to the site.

Although some may say that I am not the appropriate person to make this comment, I will anyway.

Your post is inappropriate and uncalled for.

You allege shoddy dealings by these directors without proper proof. If the fire fee issue is true then that does not mean these people are cowboys, it means they've overstepped the mark in one relatively minor way.

Of more concern to me is the way you are trying to push people into confronting these directors at their private homes. If I were one of those directors then I would consider your post as menacing and as an indirect threat.

I think this is an inappropriate first post and you should remove or edit it.

xris
                  Last edited by xris; 13-09-2007, 06:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by xris View Post
                    You allege shoddy dealings by these directors without proper proof. If the fire fee issue is true then that does not mean these people are cowboys, it means they've overstepped the mark in one relatively minor way.

xris
                    Xris,

The Auckland Fire chief confirmed on camera there was no fee charged. If you ever get thrown out of your room on to the street in a strange country at 0130 in the morning and have nowhere to go it will be interesting to see if you think the landlord "overstepped the mark in one relatively minor way".

I would say cowboys is an appropriate description.
                    Last edited by GJB68; 13-09-2007, 10:33 AM.
                    "If you think education is expensive, try ignorance"

Comment

• First poormastery become s a comedian now Xris is cracking us up. What next??

Comment

• I was more concerned about my second point, the implied threat.

xris

Comment

• Hey Xris

No retraction here mate. Company directors are directors because they're ultimately responsible for what their companies do - it's why they earn the dollars. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Interesting to see that they need to resort to people like Richmastery to pump their goods.

BTW - their contact information is public knowledge - it's one of the consequences of doing business in a non-corrupt country like ours. Open, accessible, honest - need I say more.

Also - the fire fee issue IS true. Why don't you check it out for yourself.

Also, if somebody wants to hide behind legal moves so they don't have to sign up to tenancy obligations, then they can expect to be outed.

Again, it's why we don't have a corrupt country.

Sooner or later, the truth will out - esp. if people take the time and effort to spread the word on forums like this.

Get the idea people - SPREAD THE WORD - it's a way of keeping everybody honest.

By the way - the latest name associated with Sanctuary is 'Saffron'

Comment

• Hello sanctuary one,

Tut tut.

Company directors are directors because they're ultimately responsible for what their companies do - it's why they earn the dollars. Live by the sword, die by the sword.
                            A warped logic. They may be ultimately responsible but that responsibility has got absolutely nothing to do with having to accept personal menacing threats at their private home. I am a company director too just as many other people here are, and if you had made a post like that against me I would be considering going to the police. You are unable to distingish between the tough life of business and the physical violence of the criminal low life prowling our streets. Do you really think such thuggery is acceptable in a civilised society? Or you just not see the difference?

BTW - their contact information is public knowledge - it's one of the consequences of doing business in a non-corrupt country like ours. Open, accessible, honest - need I say more.
                            Yes, a lot, lot more.

Because someone's home address is public knowledge and they happen to be a company director we can all go round and intimidate them or threaten them? Are you serious?

Also - the fire fee issue IS true. Why don't you check it out for yourself.
                            Show us - in a civilised way, instead of banging your hand on the table and printing in upper case. Perhaps you think that the louder you shout the more people will believe you.

Sooner or later, the truth will out - esp. if people take the time and effort to spread the word on forums like this.
                            This is a great forum, but not for personal vendettas and mud slinging like this. There are other sites that deal with that sort of thing.

We do live in a free and open society which is why you have the right to post here. If you continue making threatening posts backed up with opinion masked as substantiated fact, then others will have the right to give little credance to your posts.

The TT finding on this case will be an interesting topic for discussion here when it comes. Until then this company is innocent and free to go about its business without being menaced by the likes of thugs like you seem to associate with.

Have you anything constructive to contribute? If so please show us.

xris

Comment

• Stop it Xris you make my sides ache from so much laughing.

Will whoever drugged Xris's Chardonnay please send a carton of the pills to my place!!

Comment

• Originally posted by pooomba View Post
                                Stop it Xris you make my sides ache from so much laughing.

Will whoever drugged Xris's Chardonnay please send a carton of the pills to my place!!
                                Hello Dean,

Cheap plonk may be a more apt description. But I always have been a cheapscate at heart.

xris

Comment

Working...
                                X