Header Ad Module

Collapse

Thus History Repeats

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Hec
    Opinionated
    • Dec 2004
    • 248

    #1

    Thus History Repeats

    A Truely Great US President...

    "The bold effort the present (central) bank had made to control the government ... are but premonitions of the fate that await the American people should they be deluded into a perpetuation of this institution or the establishment of another like it. I am one of those who do not believe that a national debt is a national blessing, but rather a curse to a republic; inasmuch as it is calculated to raise around the administration a moneyed aristocracy dangerous to the liberties of the country."

    "Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter, I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves."
    Andrew Jackson (1767-1845)

    Sound Familiar .... ?
  • Perry
    Geriatric
    • Sep 2004
    • 16861

    #2
    Begs the question as to
    why it happened, anyway
    and is still happening.
    .

    Comment

    • speights boy
      Fanatical
      • Aug 2008
      • 7935

      #3
      You can always trust the Americans to do the correct thing.....
      ...........but only after they have exhausted all other options.

      SB

      Comment

      • Perry
        Geriatric
        • Sep 2004
        • 16861

        #4
        Ouch!

        Comment

        • eri
          Fanatical
          • Sep 2008
          • 7621

          #5
          churchill i think

          commenting about uncle sam's reluctance to join both world wars

          which, it must be pointed out

          were only comprehensively won because the usa joined them
          have you defeated them?
          your demons

          Comment

          • Hec
            Opinionated
            • Dec 2004
            • 248

            #6
            The money mechanics of how and why they joined the European theatre can be found in "the Creature from Jekyl Island"
            See also "Lusitania"

            Hec

            Comment

            Working...