X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wraps - new Act - huge implications

Hi All,

Got this in my Inbox -

If you are doing wraps, or contemplating doing wraps, please ensure that you are using a contract that complies with the new CCFA.

The risk of not doing so could be enormous and any remedies you thought were available to you at law may not available.

If you have entered into any wrap agreements since 1 April 2005 using a pre-CCFA agreement, you will need to re-do those agreements again using the new updated agreement, ensuring that your purchasers are kept informed at all times.

It was from Acorn Solutions and I thought many of you would already know about it though maybe some of you do not and therefore ignorance will not be bliss.

Cheers,

Donna
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

I can't imagine any one doing wraps now that lease options are established here. I don't know any one who did wraps who would do another. Too much downside compared with lease options, not to mention the possibility of IRD changing the GST loophole they have allowed to date.

Comment

Ignorance is not bliss. Whats CCFA please?
      Richcrooks

Comment

Credit Contracts & Consumer Finance Act

Cheers,

Donna

....umm would be interesting to know who is still doing wraps and how successful they are with it.
        Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

We have 8 properties 'wrapped' that give us a passive income of over $750/week.
          None of our 'clients' would have been able to finance their homes with the Establishment.
          Richcrooks

Comment

Donna,
            Can you give us a link to the source (Acorn Solutions)
            Richcrooks

Comment

Wraps

Hi Donna - Many thanks for the info on CCFA. Much appreciated. I agree with Pooomba. With lease options, wraps are a bit redundant. I used to do a few wraps and only have 4 left out of the original 18. The last one I purchased was in April of 2003. The numbers don't work at present.
              Last edited by Wezz; 23-11-2005, 12:50 PM.
              "Measure Twice - Cut Once"

Comment

I'm currently working through this with my solicitor for lease options. The wording of the wording of the new act makes it not negotiable for someone entering into a lease option and presumably a wrap, to get an independant solicitors sign off on the agreement. My solicitors comment was that this draconian legislation is basically making hte solicitor have to decide whether their client is allowed to buy a house!!
                If anyone has any other advice I'd be interested.

Comment

I can see what your solicitor is saying Dean but how is it different from a mechanic granting a WOF and assuring you the car is safe to drive on the road? His client can't legally drive a car without his sign off.

cheers,
                  Dave
                  You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Can someone give me the low down on lease options or point me to a link, thx..

Comment

www.globalbusinessideas.com

Dorien and Rineke, they are the bomb.

Comment

Good point Dave but this law is more like asking a mechanic for his written permisssion to buy a car he has never seen or inspected, and being liable if it is a bad buy?

Comment

Originally posted by pooomba
                          I'm currently working through this with my solicitor for lease options.
                          Hey Dean,

Do you want to share costs/outcomes of this?
                          We Buy Houses | Sell Your House Fast - No Fees, No Stress

Comment

Sure happy to!!

Comment

Working...
                            X