Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you seeing with the bank financing environment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sidinz View Post
    But the point was, if a panel valuer does a valuation, what difference does it make whether it was ordered by another bank or by the client themselves?
    I can tell you right now which valuer in Wellington to use if you want to get the highest valuation...
    Your Home Loan - Wellington Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Chris W View Post
      Let me re-confirm that I understand you correctly - Westpac now uses homes.co.nz to use for their property valuations?
      Westpac use Core Logic - they're also unique in that they also still let you choose your own valuer
      Last edited by donna; 22-07-2017, 10:34 AM.
      [email protected]

Comment

BNZ's velocity value was great for me - higher than homes.co.nz or my own estimate, based on a range of factors.
        DFTBA

Comment

Originally posted by Chris W View Post
          Let me re-confirm that I understand you correctly - Westpac now uses homes.co.nz to use for their property valuations?
          below is the guts of the email

i assume that homes.co.nz valuations now provide their default valuations

Hello
          Thank you for choosing Westpac for your home loan. Around this time of year we like to check in to see how everything's going and to offer you some handy tips. Whatever your property ambitions, we’re here to help make them happen.
          How much is it worth?
          See what the property experts at homes.co.nz estimate your property to be worth. Then see how this compares with others in your neighbourhood.
          Best regards
          The Home Ownership Team
          Westpac NZ
          Last edited by donna; 22-07-2017, 10:34 AM.
          have you defeated them?
          your demons

Comment

Originally posted by eri View Post
            below is the guts of the email

i assume that homes.co.nz valuations now provide their default valuations

Hello
            Thank you for choosing Westpac for your home loan. Around this time of year we like to check in to see how everything's going and to offer you some handy tips. Whatever your property ambitions, we’re here to help make them happen.
            How much is it worth?
            See what the property experts at homes.co.nz estimate your property to be worth. Then see how this compares with others in your neighbourhood.
            Best regards
            The Home Ownership Team
            Westpac NZ
            This reads like Homes.co.nz have paid to advertise with Westpac.
            Last edited by donna; 22-07-2017, 10:35 AM.
            [email protected]

Comment

Doesn't read that way to me. Looks just like paid advertising.......
              Quite strange for a bank.

Comment

a nearby property sold yesterday for $830,000, well presented, marketed with lots of interest at $855,000

the 2014 rates valuation is $565,000

as a check ran the address through homes.co.nz for their more current value estimate

low - $855,000.............................3% over sold price
                medium-$895,000........................8% over
                high-$930,000.............................12% over

looks like their algorithm hasn't yet been tweaked for the downturn we are seeing

meanwhile after 7 months at $499,000 this apartment flipper has knocked off $70,000 to move this 2bd + car

Find your dream home in New Zealand with Trade Me. Browse our full range of NZ real estate listings to discover the perfect property for families, couples and s...

the banks will have to be careful
                Last edited by eri; 22-07-2017, 11:50 AM.
                have you defeated them?
                your demons

Comment

Originally posted by eri View Post
                  a nearby property sold yesterday for $830,000, well presented, marketed with lots of interest at $855,000

the 2014 rates valuation is $565,000

as a check ran the address through homes.co.nz for their more current value estimate

low - $855,000.............................3% over sold price
                  medium-$895,000........................8% over
                  high-$930,000.............................12% over

looks like their algorithm hasn't yet been tweaked for the downturn we are seeing

meanwhile after 7 months at $499,000 this apartment flipper has knocked off $70,000 to move this 2bd + car

Find your dream home in New Zealand with Trade Me. Browse our full range of NZ real estate listings to discover the perfect property for families, couples and s...

the banks will have to be careful
                  How do you know they're a flipper eri?

And do you know what they paid for it?
                  Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
                    How do you know they're a flipper eri?

And do you know what they paid for it?
                    it's not a flash building but someone has been buying up the apartments, doing them up nicely and selling them on

no problems with that, but i call that flipping

pretty easy to find out what they paid for it nowadays but that's not what i was trying to say

more that my records show it was offered for $499,000 nov. last year

and the txt of the tm listing says

The vendor has dropped their asking price by $70,000
                    have you defeated them?
                    your demons

Comment

I would call that trading but close enough
                      Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Homes.co easy to deal with. Updated monthly but needs more time as relatively new. If you edit the house info then the site works with that.
                        Think time will bring it to be more accurate if you do fill in the detail.
                        Compared mine to Trademe and not a lot of difference.
                        If you have a registered valuation you can upload that and or the values to the site.
                        Good response times to queries as well.

Give it a go. The better the info on there the more help to us guys. Might even avoid Valuer fees altogether in the future.

Comment

Flipping is just the American term for trading....

Comment

have you defeated them?
                            your demons

Comment

Comment

Interesting regarding homes.co.nz I've seen that Westpac have been advertising on there for the loan calculation so not surprising that they are pushing the site.

For a comparison, I had asked Westpac for their desktop valuations, provided by Core Logic, 2 weeks ago and they were all under homes.co.nz on the same day
                                Property 1 8% less - 20k less than Core Logic from Feb this year
                                Property 2 6% less
                                Property 3 30% less - Westpac relying on the CV, despite having a RV for close to homes.co.nz from Feb this year.
                                Property 4 6% less - Westpac were also 5k less than what this was purchased in Feb this year using them for the mortgage.

Homes.co.nz seems to be the most optimisc on prices and Relab.co.nz the most reserved with property insights(trade me) not far from Relab. Westpac's Core Logic came in more reserved than any of the sites.

Comment

Working...
                                X