Header Ad Module

Collapse

Accountant recommendation?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • newbieinvest
    Freshie
    • Jun 2009
    • 5

    #1

    Accountant recommendation?

    Hey

    My ex-wife and I bought two positively geared investment properties last year. Early this year we separated so sold both properties off. First of all - what sort of taxes am I looking at paying here, and secondly - does anyone have any recommendations for accountants in the central city of Auckland?

    Thanks!
  • donna
    Administrator
    • Aug 2003
    • 10069

    #2
    welcome to the forums newbieinvest. I suggest you look at discussions in these forums - as they will provide info on some resident Accountants that participate - try the Finance, Legal Tax forum

    two users to look for are Matt Gilligan and Rosco - both provide useful info here for free and may be your starting point....there are other Accountants here too - best to have a look around and make your own contacts.

    Cheers,

    Donna
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk


    BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

    Comment

    • drelly
      Fanatical
      • Jan 2004
      • 5838

      #3
      Hi Newbieinvest,

      You're not liable for tax if your intent can be shown to be long term investment. Your separation is a clear reason for the sales rather than for profit. Either of those guys Donna mentioned can help you out. Good luck!
      You can find me at: Energise Web Design

      Comment

      • Sebastian
        Opinionated
        • Jul 2005
        • 139

        #4
        Hi NI,

        I've had consistently great service from my accountant Peter Meads.

        Property and Business Accounting Limited
        PO Box 147406, Ponsonby
        ph: 09 376 9649 fax: 09 376 9647
        [email protected]

        Cheers,
        Sebastian

        Comment

        • Matt Gilligan
          Forum Junkie
          • Apr 2006
          • 406

          #5
          I have consistently given excellent service to myself. I cant recommend myself enough.
          Matthew Gilligan CA - E-mail Matt
          Chartered Accountant Specialising in Tax Structures, Property & Trusts
          Read my book: Tax Structures 101

          Comment

          Working...