Interest Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah i didnt know that. Interesting
    Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
      nope... Just pointing out the ridiculousness of your comment.
      Funny, because I asked an economics graduate who was working as a shop assistant ,if the free market could work with perfect price transmission and production, and she thought about it for a while and started laughing..and said.. no. Then explained why. Ah, if only the old guard had such sharp minds.

Comment

• Originally posted by McDuck View Post
        Funny, because I asked an economics graduate who was working as a shop assistant ,if the free market could work with perfect price transmission and production, and she thought about it for a while and started laughing..and said.. no. Then explained why. Ah, if only the old guard had such sharp minds.
        'Perfect price transmission and production' - no one said that was a design element of the current system. It's not... There is a human element to this and any system ever devised so perfect price transmission and production is a theoretical dream... Good luck wasting your time chasing that one.

Comment

'Perfect price transmission and production' - no one said that was a design element of the current system. It's not... There is a human element to this and any system ever devised so perfect price transmission and production is a theoretical dream... Good luck wasting your time chasing that one.
          Yeah..so you have no idea what you are talking about.
          Just spouting off stale mantra.
          Thank goodness the new bunch of minds are being taught critical thinking and practical problem solving.
          I'll leave you to your obviously successful way of thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick G View Post
            Ah i didnt know that. Interesting
            the unintended consequences - those pesky investors who manage to find ways to profit.

all this really does is take a high priced good house out of the market, have it rebuilt to a higher standard making that particular house higher priced as it is now a brand spanking new one vs. the good house that was there earlier.

Comment

• BNZ rates

Sorry for the poor copy and paste, on my work phone.

Just got this offer from BNZ - what are your thoughts?

New customer, 70% LVR, bringing all out accounts over to BNZ. $255,000 loan. Owner occupied for now until we rent out later in the year after some renovations.

Should I get my broker to work harder for a better deal?

Standard or Fly Buys Fixed Rate

6 months 4.55

Classic Fixed Rate (owner occupied & mixed only)

1 year 4.44

1 year 4.54

2 years 4.75

2 years 4.85

3 years 4.94

3 years 5.04

4 years 5.14

5 years 5.49

TotalMoney Variable/Std or Flybuys

Variable 5.20

Comment

• Compare with standard rates at
                "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

• Comparing the 4 yr rate to what I was offered on significantly higher borrowings before Xmas it seems to be a pretty good rate. Have not been following other terms so can't comment on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by propertynewb View Post
                    Sorry for the poor copy and paste, on my work phone.

Just got this offer from BNZ - what are your thoughts?

New customer, 70% LVR, bringing all out accounts over to BNZ. $255,000 loan. Owner occupied for now until we rent out later in the year after some renovations.

Should I get my broker to work harder for a better deal?

6 months 4.55

1 year 4.44

1 year 4.54

2 years 4.75

2 years 4.85

3 years 4.94

3 years 5.04

4 years 5.14

5 years 5.49

TotalMoney Variable/Std or Flybuys

Variable 5.20
                    Looks like BNZ like you. Surprised they are offering you this on a 255k loan. Take it before they pull the deal
                    Your Home Loan - Wellington Mortgage Broker
                    [email protected]

Comment

• More interest rate rises...

http://nzh.tw/11787133

I'd be worried if I had locked funding for 12 months any time in the last 6 months.

Comment

I'd be worried if I had locked funding for 12 months any time in the last 6 months.
                        I presume you have done the maths to make that statement?

Comment

• Sure have...

Comment

• Refixed couple loans in last few weeks 6 mths at 4.19 with ANZ, both WP & ASB couldn't match. Reduced WP & ASB loans at 4.29 & 4.39% for 6 mths.

Rates should be looking good come after Aug 11 OCR review.
                            Wayne - here is the info from someone's comments in July16 - 4.19 for 6month... At that time we were locking 5 years at 4.65%... That discounted 6month rate will come due in the next few weeks, to a floating rate of 5.6ish %

Comment

Wayne - here is the info from someone's comments in July16 - 4.19 for 6month... At that time we were locking 5 years at 4.65%... That discounted 6month rate will come due in the next few weeks, to a floating rate of 5.6ish %
                              ... and they refix it at 4.49% for 1 year, still lower than your 4.65%

Comment

• Originally posted by ivanp View Post
                                ... and they refix it at 4.49% for 1 year, still lower than your 4.65%
                                the 4.65 still has 4 years fixed to go... At 4.49% for 1 year you've bought yourself enough time to panic

Comment

Working...
                                X