No announcement yet.

Interest Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASB chief economist Nick Tuffley said today he now expects the Reserve Bank to cut the OCR a further 75 basis points in the July, September and October reviews, to a low of 2.5 per cent.
    ASB Bank says it now expects the Reserve Bank to slash the OCR throughout this year, returning rates to a record low of 2.5pc.

Comment

• Originally posted by ivanp View Post
      Sorry were did you get it from?
      From an impeccable source.

Comment

• Yeah, ok, so that's still just prediction.

Comment

• Originally posted by ivanp View Post
          Yeah, ok, so that's still just prediction.
          No.
          It was from a bank economist and reported in the media.

Those two facts put together are irrefutable proof that it is 100% accurate and will happen.

That is the way it always works here.

Comment

• Well if it comes it'll be a bit late for me as I fixed yesterday. $134K. Slit between 2 yrs @ 4.99 and 3yrs @ 5.15.

Existing bank, ASB. I guess they saw me as small fry who didn't warrant any cash.

It certainly matters who you talk with, though. The first one was clueless, so I asked for someone else to call me and he worked out to be quite good. It pays to persevere, sometimes!
            My blog. From personal experience.
            http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

• I'd be very surprised if the RBNZ moves than much in such a short time frame ....no more than 50 basis points IMHO maybe even just 25 before the years out .... yet again it's just hype like it was couple years back on us having 8%+ loan rates in 2016 utter media BS ....

Comment

• ^

or things are worse than you think

WITH Greece teetering on the brink of exiting the euro area, the timing of the Bank of England’s twice-yearly update on financial stability was not ideal.

As of two weeks ago, the outlook in the report was broadly unchanged, said Mark Carney, the bank’s governor.

But given the Greek crisis—
                and especially the events of this week—things are now looking worse.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/freee...cial-stability
                have you defeated them?
                your demons

Comment

• Originally posted by JBM View Post
                  I'd be very surprised if the RBNZ moves than much in such a short time frame ....no more than 50 basis points IMHO maybe even just 25 before the years out .... yet again it's just hype like it was couple years back on us having 8%+ loan rates in 2016 utter media BS ....
                  50 points drop within the rest of the year will do fine.

My biggest question now is, is nz provinces going to see a boom at all in this cycle lol!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Lin View Post

My biggest question now is, is nz provinces going to see a boom at all in this cycle lol!
                    Yes don't think there's all that much action in the deep south Invercargill-Dunedin ....but here in Central otago been booming
                    just go checkout social media ...people happy to pay to park and live in their van or tent on your lawn,,,very very tight rental market
                    we just rented our guest wing out for $350pw to a boarder

Comment

• Originally posted by speights boy View Post
                      No.
                      It was from a bank economist and reported in the media.

Those two facts put together are irrefutable proof that it is 100% accurate and will happen.

That is the way it always works here.
                      It agrees with what I said so I believe it.

Comment

Do you understand the reasons interest rates are being cut?

Comment

• Originally posted by elguapo View Post
                          This is a problem.
                          There seems to be a disconnect in some peoples minds about what is good and bad.
                          Cutting interest rates may result in lower mortgage rate.
                          But it is an indication that all is not well in the economy.
                          Property does better when the economy does better - some people think property lives in it's own little world divorced from reality.
                          That may happen for a while but can't go on forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                            This is a problem.
                            There seems to be a disconnect in some peoples minds about what is good and bad.
                            Cutting interest rates may result in lower mortgage rate.
                            But it is an indication that all is not well in the economy.
                            Property does better when the economy does better - some people think property lives in it's own little world divorced from reality.
                            That may happen for a while but can't go on forever.
                            Problem is, Auckland is divorced from the rest of NZ/reality...

Comment

• Originally posted by elguapo View Post
                              Yeah non-Auckland areas will be flat, while immigrants pushing Auckland up.

Comment

Problem is, Auckland is divorced from the rest of NZ/reality...
                                Do you think Auckland property is divorced from from the Auckland economy?
                                ie is the Auckland economy booming?

Comment

Working...
                                X