Hey all, a little advice required here.
Situation: Bank doesn't like us at the moment as we borrowed as much as we could a wee while back when the grass was greener.
Went to bank last year as wanted to put everything to interest only to improve cash flow, to which they said sure let us know when you want to do it. 3 months later we decided to do it and contacted bank, who then dragged it out for another month & said "no due to policy change we will only allow that if you have 20% equity" and advised us to sell something & that they would then look at it.
So said fine, and stuck 2 properties we disliked the most on the market, just got a decent offer on one, so rang up bank to find out the break costs on the mort to which they said "don't sign anything the property we have the offer on has a higher GV & on paper it reduces our equity so they won't let us sell it"
What the hell is up with this. I worked it all out and if we use all the funds from the house we sell to pay off debt we become cash flow positive... FRUSTRATING.
So now he has to check with the finance team etc and said he would let us know in 2 days... which could stuff our offer.
Can they actually do this? As the property secures the debt, the offer is far higher than what we paid for it so will pay for it in full plus some left over to pay off other debt... Seems odd.
My theory is they are trying to drag it out as they are expecting a drop in rates so they can charge us more for breaking the loan...
Situation: Bank doesn't like us at the moment as we borrowed as much as we could a wee while back when the grass was greener.
Went to bank last year as wanted to put everything to interest only to improve cash flow, to which they said sure let us know when you want to do it. 3 months later we decided to do it and contacted bank, who then dragged it out for another month & said "no due to policy change we will only allow that if you have 20% equity" and advised us to sell something & that they would then look at it.
So said fine, and stuck 2 properties we disliked the most on the market, just got a decent offer on one, so rang up bank to find out the break costs on the mort to which they said "don't sign anything the property we have the offer on has a higher GV & on paper it reduces our equity so they won't let us sell it"
What the hell is up with this. I worked it all out and if we use all the funds from the house we sell to pay off debt we become cash flow positive... FRUSTRATING.
So now he has to check with the finance team etc and said he would let us know in 2 days... which could stuff our offer.
Can they actually do this? As the property secures the debt, the offer is far higher than what we paid for it so will pay for it in full plus some left over to pay off other debt... Seems odd.
My theory is they are trying to drag it out as they are expecting a drop in rates so they can charge us more for breaking the loan...


Comment