• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John the builder View Post
    What happened to democracy?
    Shonkey took over that's what happened.

Comment

• This is beyond politicians to fix labour did no better. The problem is with MBIE and the crap advice politicians get

Comment

• the earthquakes in chch

hammered insurance underwriters worldwide

leading to increased premiums here

and to a lesser extent, everywhere else

the 46? HUGE wildfires currently ravaging alberta

will do probably do the same

One of the world's most successful investors, Warren Buffett, has had a multimillion-dollar loss on the Christchurch earthquake, leading to his company's first underwriting loss in nine years.
        Yesterday, Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway company announced its first-quarter profits were down 59 per cent.
        Disasters in Japan, Australia and Christchurch were behind the losses, the company said.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/worl...irm-a-shake-up
        Last edited by eri; 06-05-2016, 06:41 PM.
        have you defeated them?
        your demons

Comment

• Can't see these latest earthquakes helping withe older commercial properties valuations!
          Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• Yeah - I'm amazed at how well WGN has faired - esp. Cuba Street - there's a lot of very old retail estate up that road.
            Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

• Well the earthquake was quite far away I guess.

If it was right near Wellington CBD, I reckon there'd be absolute carnage.
              Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
                Well the earthquake was quite far away I guess.

If it was right near Wellington CBD, I reckon there'd be absolute carnage.
                it still was a significant event and close to a moderate EQ for wellington.

The question is did all those EQ prone buildings condemned by MBIE policy collapse (and cause injury)as expected????

I doubt it..... because the policy is flawed!

it seems the ones they are worried about are a new one and an 8 story that likly isnt EQ prone Does any one know what the NBS rating was for this one???

Comment

• Originally posted by John the builder View Post
                  it still was a significant event and close to a moderate EQ for wellington.

The question is did all those EQ prone buildings condemned by MBIE policy collapse (and cause injury)as expected????

I doubt it..... because the policy is flawed!

it seems the ones they are worried about are a new one and an 8 story that likly isnt EQ prone Does any one know what the NBS rating was for this one???
                  On my facebook today... (from someone in Welly who prob needs a laugh) "BREAKING: Statistics NZ building earthquake damaged. Spokesperson, "It's decimated, including rounding".
                  Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Working...
                  X