Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the new features on PropertyTalk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the new features on PropertyTalk?

Hi All,

We have a faster more feature rich forum environment thanks to a migration and upgrade. Now what are the new features and how do they work?

I know we now have 'personal albums' where you can upload photos and there are some more social networking tools.

Sarahk will come in soon and let you know what she has found out about our new features.

By the way the features are accessible in your 'User CP' so you will need to be logged in to make use of them.

Cheers,

Donna

....umm when you post you may see a box below called 'Tags' - Sarah can you also explain what the 'Tags' are please....ta
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Is the 'Members List' going to be re-activated?
    DFTBA

Comment

Ditto
      Please!!!

Comment

I'll get back to you about the members list.

But we now have tags - see Tags, Tags, Tags for info on that.

Albums
        We have albums! Remember the gallery we used to have? Well now, if you go to your profile you'll see that you can create albums and upload photos into them. I've created one as an example - not exactly property related though

Visitor Messages
        Still on your profiles - you can have visitor messages - a bit like the wall in facebook - where people can leave you a personal (but not private) message.

Social Groups
        I've created a social group to help me keep track of the PTers who are into cycling (past their properties?) and interested in going to some of the fun bike events. Other social groups may build up around physical communities, or special interests. Social Groups can have albums and messages and can be public or private.

Prefixes
        We also have prefixes in the Caveat Emptor forums. Now when a thread is created the thread starter can specify that they are wanting to buy, sell or offer something free. I've set the prefix for the first few threads in the NZ section. Let me know if you need more prefixes.

Last edited by sarahk; 28-08-2008, 12:03 PM.
        Charging enough rent?
        NZ Scams to Avoid
        Add a sleepout to your rental property

Comment

Awesome Sarah - that helps a lot.

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

If you are a frequent user of other social networking sites e.g facebook, dig, google, myspace etc you can now share posts/threads from PropertyTalk.com.

There is a box that looks like this:

under the last post in a thread - click on the site you want to share the post/thread with.

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

that's a great way to let people know what you are finding interesting around the place.
              Charging enough rent?
              NZ Scams to Avoid
              Add a sleepout to your rental property

Comment

"Ads by Google" seems to be a new feature too!
                DFTBA

Comment

Yep nicely put Cube!

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

Working...
                  X