Fianc'e Problems- No Intimacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fianc'e Problems- No Intimacy

I've known my fianc'e for almost six years, been dating five years and engaged the past six months. We are both in our mid/late 20's.

We get along extremely well, have the same interests and life aspirations. We click on so many levels, enjoy each others company and are all in all a great fit for each other.

All would seem like it was going fine looking in.

However, there are small cracks in our relationship that are starting to worry me.

I know having regular sex is only a very small part of a strong relationship, but we have not even come close to anything intimate in the last six months. When we get into bed at the end of the day to go to sleep, it is a quick peck on the cheek to say goodnight and then we both roll over and go to sleep. I try to cuddle and kiss a little bit longer. I try to initiate some sort of physical touch but she is never interested, always saying she is tired, not that into it, or just snaps at me saying she isn't in the mood.

I've tried the talking through our problems approach, which has worked extremely well in the past for other issues. I've asked her is she still attracted to me, does she find me physically attractive, why she doesn't want to do anything intimate, etc. She just says she just isn't that into it anymore, is tired all the time (from work and exercise and life in general). I've tried arranging date nights, cooking her chef inspired dinners, picnics in the park, weekends away but nothing seems to work.

I'm feeling pretty helpless and don't know where to turn.

I feel awful for doing this, but recently I've signed up for an online "fling" website, which is like online dating but the reason for meeting up is obviously different. I even went as far as topping up the account with $50 of real money to but "credits" so I could message people. I've got to the point where people have arragned a meeting time and place and wanted to exchange phone numbers. When ever it gets to that point a huge amount of guilt and dissapointment comes over me and I always pull out and not talk to that person for fear of meeting them, sending my world crumbling if anyone ever found out about it. The reason I joined is because I wanted some sort of excitement and the feeling of a woman 'wanting me physically' which I'm not getting at all with my fianc'e. I feel terrible for doing this.

I'm really quite stuck. I'm frustrated with the situation but when I try to fix it with my fianc'e it isn't happening. I understand she just isn't into being physical and sex was never a big part of our relationship at the beginning whilst we were dating (perhaps having intimacy once every fortnight or so).

Where do I turn?

What do I do?

I love this woman deeply but I feel stuck.

I had to go and check if your other posts were genuine! We don't get many requests for love-life advice on here!

Stop your account on the website. It will kill any chance you have to repair your relationship. If you want to do that, end the relationship first. There ARE plenty of fish in the sea.

It is odd that sex wasn't a big part of your relationship at the start. It normally is. Every 2 weeks at the start of a relationship is highly unusual in my experience.

It sounds to me like there might be other problems/history that you're not aware of? Medical? Abuse? Affair? Mental Health? Or she could just have a really low sex drive.

Ultimately, you need to decide what sort of relationship you want. It's possible that you are great friends but not great lovers. Whatever it is, she needs to talk to you about it more than she is. It might help to try a session at relationship services. http://www.relationships.org.nz/
    You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Kick her to the curb

Longer version....

From your version of the story (there's always 2 sides) ....you have needs/wants that she isn't meeting and refuses to do so even though you've tried talking about it.......lay it out there, either she starts meeting those needs or lets you do so elsewhere (assuming you'd be happy staying and getting some on the side so to speak)

Again from your version of events ....you're not happy & I can't see her changing.....better to end it now make a clean break and get on with your life.

I have two friends in similar circumstances...1 girl & 1 boy.....girl lasted 5 years & the boy 14......both are much happier and better off (IMHO) after they cut their losses, ended it and made fresh starts.

Good luck

Cheers
      Spaceman
      Last edited by spaceman; 29-12-2014, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Relationship counselling, singly or together or both.

Need relationship help? Solve your relationship problems by getting relationship advice that actually works. Get help for your relationship in NZ and worldwide.

Though I do have my doubts about an organisation called Relationships Aotearoa. There are other counselling services ...

Comment

Agreed. Relationship counselling will help but you have to be open and honest.

Its possible you've grown apart in recent times but feel so committed to the relationship that you are both just hoping it gets better. Intimacy is important.

There is a good discussion board for you: sound advice with empathy.

An interpersonal relationship advice and assistance center providing a forum to confront personal conflicts, promote participation in self-discovery and responsibility, and to share dating and marriage tips, love advice, parenting, and platonic relationship resources.

Comment

Wow this thread is a first for PropertyTalk - and I understand why you've posted here. I very much appreciate the replies.

I'm encouraged to offer my 2 cents worth....

From your account here HH your partner is going through something that she's not sharing with you so it's important she shares it with someone. While you're not getting what you want, it really may be nothing to do with you directly. Suggest to her - to speak to someone and also let her know you'll support her. If she's going through something like depression etc she needs support. Whatever it is - it needs to come out so you can decide what's best for you.

cheers,

donna
            Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

As so often goes "The problem is not the real problem"

Crikey mate the 20's when you go for it - must be hard on you
              when your biology is on auto pilot to sow the seed.

Maybe get her to write down her feeling for you.
              Last edited by iwik; 18-01-2015, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Something to try if she is on contraction medication is changing it - it can have an affect on mojo. Counselling def seems like the way to go to get some communication going.

Comment

Working...
                X