Header Ad Module

Collapse

Wellington Deal crunching night. 12th Sept 6 pm

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Stevegoodey
    Fanatical
    • Mar 2005
    • 1136

    #1

    Wellington Deal crunching night. 12th Sept 6 pm

    Hi All,

    I've organised a few coffee mornings for PTers but was wondering if anyone wanted any other sort of event started.

    So who's up for a Wellington PT Dinner or Lunch or even a games event I have a central venue we can use.

    I'm also partial to the odd drive around a group of projects and see what everyone else is doing.

    Just thought I would open up to some ideas.

    I was also keen to start a PT newbies and young investors club, maybe a Breakfast catchup once a month with a chance to network with like minded people?

    All Ideas welcome.

    Steve

    PS wonder if we could get a real estate linked company to sort us out for a box at the rugby?

    Maybe we could get 25/30 PTers and rent a box for the NPC? Ideas ideas ideas.....
  • donna
    Administrator
    • Aug 2003
    • 10072

    #2
    Well done Steve.

    I love all these ideas. In the summer (early next year) we will have a BBQ at our place at Raumati Beach.....all PropertyTalkers welcome too. More on that later on.

    Cheers,

    Donna
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk


    BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

    Comment

    • Kimberly
      Freshie
      • Jun 2005
      • 95

      #3
      Great ideas Steve! I guess thats why you are the Wgtn PT organiser!!!!!!
      'When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change' Wayne Dyer

      Comment

      • KevinR
        Opinionated
        • Feb 2006
        • 114

        #4
        Steve,
        I'm a starter for anything that will kick off my investing and let me meet some movers and shakers. Count me in!

        Kevin.

        PS. A newbies monthly breakfast sounds very appealing. As does a lunch or dinner.
        Last edited by KevinR; 30-07-2006, 10:10 AM.

        Comment

        • Cassandra
          Forum Junkie
          • Jan 2004
          • 456

          #5
          Yes some great ideas Steve- & I'd love to come to an event or two. Self employment; property management & investment from a home office can be a solitary business compared to my corporate office days- though I wouldnt go back for quids- I miss the social clubs & the chance to share experiences & sound out ideas with colleagues. PT is a exceptional medium for doing this!

          Comment

          • Volatile
            Opinionated
            • Apr 2006
            • 231

            #6
            I'm also partial to the odd drive around a group of projects and see what everyone else is doing.
            I'm up for any of the ones you mention, especially ^^^^^^^^
            Last edited by Volatile; 31-07-2006, 06:28 PM.
            James

            "Time is the great equalizer. It will either promote or expose you." -Jeff Olson

            Comment

            • KevinR
              Opinionated
              • Feb 2006
              • 114

              #7
              So what happens now? Are we waiting for a quota?

              Comment

              • Stevegoodey
                Fanatical
                • Mar 2005
                • 1136

                #8
                Originally posted by KevinR
                So what happens now? Are we waiting for a quota?
                Jeeeez cool ya jets dude...theres some scheming afoot

                But gota love the keeness

                Steve

                More soon

                Comment

                • Viktro
                  Freshie
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 15

                  #9
                  I've only just started posting on this forum but I'd be keen to meet some of the others here. Always keen to learn from link minded people .

                  Comment

                  • Niall
                    Forum Junkie
                    • Apr 2006
                    • 380

                    #10
                    Hey People,

                    This is link to post on Chch events thread. Would be a very usefull learning tool for us here in wellington. Newbies like me could run properties we are looking at past the group. 10 heads are better than 1 so to say.

                    What do we think of a variation of this?

                    Dinners, lunches, coffee meets, auctions, child sponsorship, & donations.


                    Rgds,

                    Niall
                    Last edited by Niall; 28-08-2006, 10:04 PM. Reason: sp

                    Comment

                    • Volatile
                      Opinionated
                      • Apr 2006
                      • 231

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Niall View Post
                      Hey People,

                      This is link to post on Chch events thread. Would be a very usefull learning tool for us here in wellington. Newbies like me could run properties we are looking at past the group. 10 heads are better than 1 so to say.

                      What do we think of a variation of this?

                      Dinners, lunches, coffee meets, auctions, child sponsorship, & donations.


                      Rgds,

                      Niall
                      Sounds great to me
                      James

                      "Time is the great equalizer. It will either promote or expose you." -Jeff Olson

                      Comment

                      • Niall
                        Forum Junkie
                        • Apr 2006
                        • 380

                        #12
                        Gathering on 12th September 6pm

                        Morning Wellingtonions,

                        Further to the last few posts. Can all who would be available to meet on 12th Sep at 6pm in the City post here.

                        I have stolen a great idea from Rosie in Chch about organising and interactive regular meeting in the city.

                        It would follow the following basis:

                        At each meeting each person brings along either a property they are looking at or one they have just purchased (no maximum)

                        Everyone brings it along in a template form that will include
                        *Asking price or price range
                        * Address
                        * Land size and zoning
                        * CV and / or RV
                        * Number of bedrooms
                        * Approximate age
                        * Condition
                        * Kitchen and bathroom
                        * Garden
                        * Vendors stated reason for selling
                        * Likely rental (your own guess or an appraisal)
                        * Garaging
                        * Why you think this is an opportunity
                        * Costs in Renovation/adding value
                        * The end Profit/equity gain, how long to realise it etc


                        Also what support would we all be willing to offer each other. This could range from someone to inspect the property with you, help with renovations, an equity partner, or simply an opportunity to talk through how to negotiate it.



                        The Date Tuesday 12th September
                        The Time 6pm till ---whenever
                        The Place Richmastery 195 Willis street level 3


                        Steve has offered to supply projector and computer where we can input figures and variables into spreadsheets to come up with.

                        My wife Jenny has also offered to bake some scones.

                        So whos on board?

                        Rgds

                        Niall
                        Last edited by whitt; 04-09-2006, 09:05 PM.

                        Comment

                        • Jumpin
                          Fanatical
                          • Jun 2006
                          • 1293

                          #13
                          Hey count me in, that looks like an awesome idea,

                          Tim

                          Comment

                          • Stevegoodey
                            Fanatical
                            • Mar 2005
                            • 1136

                            #14
                            I'm dead keen for this what a great idea!!!

                            Steve

                            Comment

                            • whitt
                              Fanatical
                              • Jun 2005
                              • 3922

                              #15
                              Niall
                              That is a great idea. We wish all you Wellywood people success at this new PropertyTalk concept.

                              Comment

                              Working...