Header Ad Module

Collapse

The problem with Graeme Fowlers book

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • toby
    Addicted
    • Jan 2005
    • 529

    #1

    The problem with Graeme Fowlers book

    Having read Graeme's book and talked to others about it, I believe that it's too cheap. At $29.95 it's possibly one of the most jam packed with info books available at that price.
    I only wish He'd charged twice as much, then more people might feel that they really have get their Ai nto G and do something with this knowledge.
    After all what value would you put in saving you Tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars in trying to figure it out yourself?
    My two cents.
  • janesco
    Opinionated
    • May 2004
    • 241

    #2
    Hey Toby

    I think Graeme will agree with you....

    Actually I'm glad that he only charged a small amount. I may not have purchased it other wise.... I accept it would have been my loss but you never miss what you never had

    I agree though that it is a good book. I like the way he outlines his failures as well as his successes. Not too many authors do that..

    I usually enjoy Graemes comments on this forum as well. Sometimes he can be a bit caustic or unforgiving. But catch him in a good mood and he is definitely worth reading. I enjoyed his delivery at a PIA meeting I went to as well.
    Counter cyclic means always swimming against the tide

    Manawatu Property Investors' Association

    Comment

    • Marc
      Strong Fences make Good Neighbours
      • Jul 2003
      • 3853

      #3
      Hello all!

      Don't forget you can buy his book on our book store - link to book below.

      http://www.propertytalk.co.nz/book-14.html

      Every time you buy a book from Pt you are helping us with the running costs because we get a small commission from each book sale.

      Cheers

      Marc
      Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

      Comment

      • toby
        Addicted
        • Jan 2005
        • 529

        #4
        Hi Janesco,
        The only reason that would of prevented you from buying the book, would of been that you did not believe it was of enough value.
        Let me ask you though, if someone was to offer you their knowledge and to mentor you in obtaining $20,000 per month cashflow in the next 18 months would you take it up if it cost you $6,500 for their time?
        There are people out there like this.
        It's interesting that you say you can't miss what you never had - try this on - you know what you know, you know what you don't know BUT you don't know what you don't know and once you understand that there are people that will help you with this, you will hit pay dirt fast, really fast but at the moment $29.95 (metaphoricaly) is preventing you from this - possibly????
        Sorry to sound facetios but the more you learn the more you earn.
        I struggle keeping my wallet closed when comes to information products. Not a day goes past when I don't listen to a tape or read a book on real estate or personal development.

        Comment

        • muppet
          Banned
          • Sep 2003
          • 10593

          #5
          Hi Guys

          Talking of inspirational books, I would have to list Steve McKnight's book
          $1,000,000 in Property in One Year which I bought through Good Returns Book Store recently.

          It is also full of inspirational and helpful hints as well as examples of what some of the Mappers did to accumulate their $1m worth of property.


          One or two of our forumites should read this book before asking any more questions.

          Regards

          Comment

          • fudosan
            Reaching out to Asia
            • Jun 2004
            • 2084

            #6
            There is also tremendous value available on this forum. Shall we put a price on it? Just a joke. I see there is so much good information here that I recently started putting away and organizing bits of useful information in a file.

            Comment

            • CJ
              Fanatical
              • Oct 2003
              • 3570

              #7
              For those of you that have read a lot of books, how about listing your top 5 so that newbies (and me) can read the good ones.

              NO point giving a list of 50 as no one has the time or the money (well they do but not in the short term).

              A lot of books also repeat each other.

              So who is going to start.

              Comment

              • AustinWong
                Forum Junkie
                • Mar 2004
                • 475

                #8
                Don't give Graeme any ideas... I am buying a copy in the next week.

                He may be caustic at times, but hey, he is giving his time for nothing and gets to the point and he is real. Always a good read with him .

                Free to the point advice does not come by free much these days.

                Keep it rolling in I say Graeme.

                L
                How do you eat an Elephant?
                One Bite at a Time!! (Source: Spaceman)

                Comment

                • CJ
                  Fanatical
                  • Oct 2003
                  • 3570

                  #9
                  Grahem asks the hard questions.

                  Cant sugar coat everything in life!

                  Comment

                  • lissie
                    Addicted
                    • Dec 2003
                    • 606

                    #10
                    Originally posted by CJ
                    For those of you that have read a lot of books, how about listing your top 5 so that newbies (and me) can read the good ones.

                    So who is going to start.
                    I will:
                    Jan somer's book cant remember the title about 94 still available figures are dated but it still works All the basic figures that you need
                    Graeme's book for real life stories in NZ
                    Nigel Hawes resident property investing - recent but its a rehash I think of an earlier book -sees a wider context than property is all - which is missing in a lot of property books
                    Anderw King's 2 books - simple -covers everything - the second shows a lot of different approaches for different people - good discussion on the NZ environment particularly tax & ownership structures
                    Spann for buying CG
                    Knight for buying for CF
                    Lis:

                    Helping NZ authors get their books published

                    Comment

                    • Marcus
                      Fanatical
                      • Jun 2005
                      • 1453

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Janesco
                      I usually enjoy Graemes comments on this forum as well. Sometimes he can be a bit caustic or unforgiving
                      I doubt he is ever in a bad mood when he speaks his mind (and tears little strips out of someone that may just need it :twisted: ) I actually like it when he gives things a bit of a shakeup. From time to time we all need one. I have learned a great deal already from Graeme and look forward to this years wake up calls.

                      Originally posted by Toby
                      Let me ask you though, if someone was to offer you their knowledge and to mentor you in obtaining $20,000 per month cashflow in the next 18 months would you take it up if it cost you $6,500 for their time?
                      Oh hell Y E S. In a heartbeat.

                      I struggle keeping my wallet closed when comes to information products. Not a day goes past when I don't listen to a tape or read a book on real estate or personal development.
                      I like your style toby.

                      Regards,
                      Marcus.

                      Comment

                      • donna
                        Administrator
                        • Aug 2003
                        • 10069

                        #12
                        Hey Muppet - I hope you mean you bought the book thru Propertytalk

                        ....and that you put your comments in the book's area afterwards to reflect your thoughts on the book so our community can benefit from your appraisal.

                        :P
                        Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk


                        BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

                        Comment

                        • muppet
                          Banned
                          • Sep 2003
                          • 10593

                          #13
                          Hi Donna

                          Ahhh.....Ummmmmm..... No

                          Good Returns had a 15% special so bought it then.

                          Regards

                          Comment

                          • duvetray
                            Opinionated
                            • Dec 2004
                            • 124

                            #14
                            Havent read grahams book.

                            have to agree with muppet steve mcknights latest is a good one, i have definitely sharpened up my approach since reading this and am acquiring more properties for the right reasons, than i would have before reading it. have just finished it and feel inspired by many of the examples,

                            i tend to read non property books as well as i invest in stocks, forex and commodities as well as property, and there are some excellent reads around here some are applicable to Property but intended for the financial markets such as

                            "Manias, Panics and Crashes: A History of Financial Crises "

                            "Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds" Charles Mackay,

                            and for those with a global appetite

                            Jim Rogers "Adventure Capitalist"
                            Kia kaha

                            Comment

                            • fudosan
                              Reaching out to Asia
                              • Jun 2004
                              • 2084

                              #15
                              Originally posted by duvetray
                              Jim Rogers "Adventure Capitalist"
                              He's a guy with superb record in investment. I listened to the CD set a while ago and I remember he basically said he would not invest in NZ and Australia. He's probably not impressed with the ever-growing current account deficit in both countries.

                              Comment

                              Working...