Hi All,
Today we made an offer on a property and we went back to the agents office to make a contract. We it came to the deposit entry she automatically put in $15000. My wife and I were pissed off that she did this without asking so I said we wouldn't be depositing anything until settlement date (2 months from now... provided we get it). She was very put out by this and said it was company policy etc and had to get approval by her boss.
The contract was formally written out and there is to be no deposit. Normally we do put some $$$ down as a sign of 'goodwill' (and the agents get a some cash) but as I stated earlier we were pissed off.
What do you guys and gals do in terms of paying a deposit and do you think we being a little too sensitive???
Wada
Today we made an offer on a property and we went back to the agents office to make a contract. We it came to the deposit entry she automatically put in $15000. My wife and I were pissed off that she did this without asking so I said we wouldn't be depositing anything until settlement date (2 months from now... provided we get it). She was very put out by this and said it was company policy etc and had to get approval by her boss.
The contract was formally written out and there is to be no deposit. Normally we do put some $$$ down as a sign of 'goodwill' (and the agents get a some cash) but as I stated earlier we were pissed off.
What do you guys and gals do in terms of paying a deposit and do you think we being a little too sensitive???
Wada


Comment