Anti-vaxxers are stupid people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even Rich Athletes Can Be Stupid

Outspoken boxer Anthony Mundine has weighed into the vaccination debate, imploring Australians not to vaccinate their kids.

Mundine took to Twitter to share his controversial views, encouraging his followers to go against what he considered an act of bullying by the Australian Government.

“Don’t vaccine your kids period! The government bully you into vaccine! Do your research on the s**t & watched the documentary vaxxed,” he tweeted.

<snipped>
    Mundine’s comments were immediately labelled as “dangerous” by others, especially as they come amid in a worldwide measles outbreak that has sparked warnings about the importance of immunisation.
    He was also heavily ridiculed for the tweet with many punters suggesting he had taken one punch too many.
    Anthony's advice is stupid and dangerous.
    Unfortunately some people will believe him.
    How can we undo the damage that he has caused?

Comment

I Didn't Expect This

Mayor Bill de Blasio said that the city would require unvaccinated individuals living in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, to receive the measles vaccine.

For months, New York City officials have been fighting a measles outbreak in ultra-Orthodox Jewish communities in Brooklyn, knowing that the solution — the measles vaccine — was not reaching its target audience.
      Mayor Bill de Blasio declared a public health emergency that would require unvaccinated individuals living in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, to receive the measles vaccine. The mayor said the city would issue violations and possibly fines of $1,000 for those who did not comply.
      City officials conceded that the earlier order in December, which banned unvaccinated students from attending schools in certain sections of Brooklyn, was not effective. Mr. de Blasio said on Tuesday that the city would fine or even temporarily shut down yeshivas that did not abide by the measure.
      Would this work?
      - If a person refuses to take the measles vaccine then they should be confine/isolated.
      - You then have to infect them with measles.
      - You keep them isolated until they have recovered and then you release them.

Comment

The vaccine shouldn't be optional - all and everyone should get it. Live in this world, live by its rules.

cheers,

Donna
        Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

The vaccine shouldn't be optional - all and everyone should get it. Live in this world, live by its rules.

really? and who makes the rules?

Comment

Originally posted by John the builder View Post
            We do.
            Mix in society and obey the rules.
            Or run off and live on an empty island somewhere and make up your own rules.

Comment

this sounds like tryanny. Does this intolerance apply to all minorities?

Comment

It's the sound of democracy.
                Vote for the politicians who make the rules you like.
                Vote out the politicians who make rules you don't like.
                Let the stupid anti-vaxxers stand for election and we'll see what happens.
                Actually, the Greens are in parliament and have been for some time.
                I guess democracy isn't perfect but we run with it.

Comment

The people who supply the money.

www.3888444.co.nz
                  Facebook Page

Comment

The people who supply the money.
                    anti vaxers are taxpayers ratepayers too and supply the money as much as the next.

Do they get a refund when they pass on the vaccine?

This says it quite well...................
                    MAJORITY RULE / MINORITY RIGHTS

by Democracy Web

"If it be admitted that a man possessing absolute power may misuse that power by wronging his adversaries, why should not a majority be liable to the same reproach? Men do not change their characters by uniting with one another; nor does their patience in the presence of obstacles increase with their strength. For my own part, I cannot believe it; the power to do everything, which I should refuse to one of my equals, I will never grant to any number of them."

Alexis de Tocqueville, "Tyranny of the Majority," Chapter XV, Book 1, Democracy in America

Majority Rule

Democracy is defined in Webster's Encyclopedic Dictionary as:

Government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them either directly or through their elected agents;... a state of society characterized by nominal equality of rights and privileges.

What is left out of the dictionary definition of democracy is what constitutes "the people." In practice, democracy is governed by its most popularly understood principle: majority rule. Namely, the side with the most votes wins, whether it is an election, a legislative bill, a contract proposal to a union, or a shareholder motion in a corporation. The majority (or in some cases plurality) vote decides. Thus, when it is said that "the people have spoken" or the "people's will should be respected," the people are generally expressed through its majority.

Democracy Requires Minority Rights

Yet majority rule can not be the only expression of "supreme power" in a democracy. If so, as Tocqueville notes above, the majority would too easily tyrannize the minority. Thus, while it is clear that democracy must guarantee the expression of the popular will through majority rule, it is equally clear that it must guarantee that the majority will not abuse its power to violate the basic and inalienable rights of the minority. For one, a defining characteristic of democracy must be the people's right to change the majority through elections. This right is the people's "supreme authority." The minority, therefore, must have the right to seek to become the majority and possess all the rights necessary to compete fairly in elections—speech, assembly, association, petition—since otherwise the majority would make itself permanent and become a dictatorship. For the majority, ensuring the minority's rights becomes a matter of self-interest, since it must utilize the same rights when it is in minority to seek to become a majority again. This holds equally true in a multiparty parliamentary democracy, where no party has a majority, since a government must still be formed in coalition by a majority of parliament members. (http://asmarino.com/articles/1592-ma...inority-rights

Comment

anti vaxers are taxpayers ratepayers too and supply the money as much as the next.

Do they get a refund when they pass on the vaccine?.....
                      Get a discount? They should be charged more for endangering others.

Comment

if you are vaccinated you are protected.

the anti-vaxers are doing so at their own risk.

What is the problem here?

Comment

The problem is the anti-vaxxers endanger those who can't be vaccinated - like young babies.
                          We have pointed this out to you many times.

Comment

the meazles is the danger not the the few unvaccinated. Vaccination success doesnt need 100% as per that article above. What you are saying is that if the majority are against it then it doesnt happen but a minority have no say?

Comment

the meazles is the danger not the the few unvaccinated. Vaccination success doesnt need 100% as per that article above. What you are saying is that if the majority are against it then it doesnt happen but a minority have no say?
                              And I thought you were a logical person.
                              I can't decide if you are just being difficult or really don't get it.
                              The anti-vax science is faulty - the vaccination science is very strong.

Comment

This is not about whether vaccination work but even the vaccination science accepts a degree of risk is present with vaccination

Personal choice and personal responsibility dictate that everyone has the right to accept that risk and that includes not vaccinating.

This is a logical and reasonable position to take and the vaccination dictators are the unreasonable ones.

I am personally not against vaccination but I do not trust the pharmaceutical companies and the public health ideologues. I am also concerned that more and more diseases are added and they are administered as a cocktail with little thought for accumulative effects.

I have a family member who immune-deficiency condition and a poorly administered vaccination (given while ill) is strongly suspected.

I defend a parents right to decide for themselves and their own children. It is a basic right to refuse medical treatment. If we do not allow for minority dissent we are on a slippery slope.
                                Last edited by John the builder; 25-04-2019, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X