David Whitburn has made a post in this thread including a recent case (JFW v KFW) in which a trust was held to be a sham by the Family Court, of which I was previously unaware.
Having now read that case I would soften somewhat from my original position, but in terms of OA v Wilson the circumstances in which a trust will be held to be a sham are still rare. It should also be noted that the case was in the Family Court which as Winston pointed out has traditionally taken a more liberal approach towards the issue in the past (and was criticised for doing so by the Court of Appeal in Wilson).
Having now read that case I would soften somewhat from my original position, but in terms of OA v Wilson the circumstances in which a trust will be held to be a sham are still rare. It should also be noted that the case was in the Family Court which as Winston pointed out has traditionally taken a more liberal approach towards the issue in the past (and was criticised for doing so by the Court of Appeal in Wilson).


Comment