Header Ad Module

Collapse

Where is xris?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PeterEmpowerEd
    • Oct 2003
    • 725

    #46
    A little clarification... since you ask

    I don't want to yank this thread off topic, but did want to respond briefly...
    Originally posted by halfempty View Post
    Isn't Empower in the same industry as Richmastery?
    No, actually in my opinion we're not in the same industry at all, despite their window-dressing. But the stigma of how they operate does sometimes cause confusion. Certainly, it's a fine distinction (the main one being we don't sell or broker property*) and again, you're free to disagree. (joke)

    Thanks for your questions, I appreciate them, although I think you ascribe a dark, destructive motive to my actions which really isn't there.
    I fully understand why you might find that hard to accept.
    - Peter
    Last edited by cube; 07-06-2008, 04:11 PM.
    Peter Aranyi
    Blog: www.ThePaepae.com

    Comment

    • cube
      Thinking outside the square.
      • Jun 2005
      • 5076

      #47
      Originally posted by drelly View Post
      Wow, I've always thought Xris was quite tame in what he was actually saying - if at times, abrupt. I'm not into verbal slanging matches either but the "big brother" approach is a pretty lame way of dealing with it imho. We're not playing "patty-cake" here. If someone doesn't like what another is saying, they have the ability to stand up and defend themselves. Often these drawn-out spats are the result of someone asking a reasonable question and the other party refusing to offer a reasonable answer because they have been caught-out talking bollocks. Perhaps a mod can step in and enforce rules or clarify issues during this vigorous debate before it descends into personal attacks?
      So now you are suggesting pre-emptive moderating - sorry, you can't post that because it may lead to someone else breaking the rules.

      Assuming you aren't suggesting that, and are referring to this thread specifically, who exactly is able to ensure that this (or any other thread) does not "descends into personal attacks"?

      And if someone does engage in personal attacks, how many times should they be warned before some sanction is taken.

      If some sanction is to be taken, please suggest what it should be.

      Xris was asked to moderate his posts, continued to abuse other forum members, was sanctioned as a result and decided not to post under sanction.

      I'm sorry, but the only thing I have to say to someone who takes that attitude is 'Ahhh - didums!'

      cube
      DFTBA

      Comment

      • cube
        Thinking outside the square.
        • Jun 2005
        • 5076

        #48
        Originally posted by halfempty View Post
        T
        Isn't Empower in the same industry as Richmastery?

        If fact arn't Richmastery your biggest competition in the market place for your services?
        True, which makes it all the stranger that Peter makes the effort to draw peoples attention to the RM thread, and just how popular it is.

        (and I'm sure it does so to other observers of the at times heavily censored and dismembered Richmastery thread - 168,000 views as I write this).
        As the saying goes, there's only one thing worse than people talking about you......

        cube
        DFTBA

        Comment

        • orbital
          Forum Junkie
          • Jun 2004
          • 253

          #49
          It appears the people who support xris racist rants approve of that kind of thing, I am not suprised, Mr Hong is constantly abused and laughed at just because he is Asian, Xris is very obvious about his racisim and does not hide it, the supporters of him on this thread are of the type "oh my best friend is a Asian" then go and congratulate committers of hate crimes because its okay as long as they're not seen doing it, but they want it to happen anyway. They hide behind saying "oh its censorship" in my mind the nazi's and all racists should be censored. The human beings with kindness and feelings for others have made themselves known on this thread the others bah.

          Comment

          • Aston
            Fanatical
            • Jul 2005
            • 1030

            #50
            Originally posted by Marc View Post


            So Aston - how about it? Can you do a better job than the current mods?



            Marc

            I have no real desire to be a moderator.

            I was simply making 2 points.

            1. Be consistent.

            2. xris has been banned. (who would bother being pre-moderated)

            Comment

            • cube
              Thinking outside the square.
              • Jun 2005
              • 5076

              #51
              Originally posted by Aston View Post
              I have no real desire to be a moderator.

              I was simply making 2 points.

              1. Be consistent.

              2. xris has been banned. (who would bother being pre-moderated)
              1. We try our hardest

              2. Everyone else who has been put under the same sanction so far!
              DFTBA

              Comment

              • Keys
                Fanatical
                • Nov 2006
                • 6062

                #52
                YO Catfight!

                I consider myself leaning in the direction of supporting xris.

                Call me what you will then.
                https://www.propertytalk.com/forum/i...ilies/lock.gif

                Comment

                • PeterEmpowerEd
                  • Oct 2003
                  • 725

                  #53
                  To clarify: I 100% endorse the mod's right to moderate

                  Originally posted by cube View Post
                  1. We try our hardest
                  I know that to be true, Quentin. Sorry.

                  My apologies to the mods (blessings be upon them).
                  Looks like I went off a bit half-cocked on this issue because I hadn't seen/didn't have a firm idea of some of the content that had provoked the watchlist thingy in this case.

                  My waxing lyrical on the valued contributions of some of my living treasures has led some to think I condone open slather -- which I don't. Or that I was somehow grumpy with PT (which I also am not. Not at all).

                  To re-emphasise an earlier point:
                  Originally posted by captaincrab
                  PT is privately owned and has rules. Don't like them?, then you can always go elsewhere. Or even start your own blog. Its a fine line between vigorous discussion and personal abuse.
                  For the record, I completely trust the mods (several of whom I know and like) and Marc & Donna (who I have faith in and like a lot) to police the line on racist abuse and stuff which would bring the forum into disrepute. No question about that. We don't always agree. Who does? (I've tried to be open about that, and to see their point of view).

                  As I have posted before PT is hands-down the best forum for this community in NZ. Easily. I deeply care about its ecology, its tone and its ongoing success.

                  I apologise that my earlier attempts to express my concerns about the (in my view) dramatic step of the watchlist have been taken by some as 'attacks' on PT or the mods. That simply wasn't my intention.
                  As a friend of the site, and a member of the community, I was trying to say 'something worries me'. (And I'm just as thin-skinned as the next person when it comes to taking criticism ... so I get that I came on a bit strong.)

                  I'll look for a solution.
                  Can anyone else think of a better way to handle this issue?

                  Best wishes to all, Peter
                  Peter Aranyi
                  Blog: www.ThePaepae.com

                  Comment

                  • Monid
                    Philophaster
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 3062

                    #54
                    Originally posted by spurner View Post
                    So the question is, Dear moderators,

                    How long before you unmuzzle xris?!

                    I feel he's more likely to contribute to the site if he isn't blacklisted/gagged in any way.

                    Cheers,
                    Difficult to say. The usual is a minimum of 3 months and then it involves a judgment that they have toned it down a bit. It is difficult to say because we make the decision based on what they are posting. If they are no longer posting (which I agree would be a terrible shame) then it is difficult to assess.


                    Originally posted by Poormastery
                    Hi Monid,

                    You well know that Commercial Dan (now cleared for his recent bad behaviour or "rehabilitation"), weasel driver, xris and myself were censored for anti-RM comments.

                    Why pretend otherwise? If you can't even be honest with yourself, this could be a problem? Why make yourself appear silly, for no good reason? It doesn't make any sense...
                    Poormastery you and others where put on the watchlist for... breaking the rules. The topic of what you broke the rules about doesn't matter to me I'm hardly a fan of richmastery after all. And as the richmastery thread attests it is not as if you cannot criticise richmastery at propertytalk. We just request that you do it within the rules.

                    Cheers
                    David
                    New to property investing? See: Best PropertyTalk Threads for New and Old Investors And/Or:Propertytalk Wiki

                    Comment

                    • 67910241
                      Fanatical
                      • Jan 2008
                      • 1077

                      #55
                      If he gives a damn

                      he'll swallow his pride and return to the flock.

                      It's a special badge of honour of a sort, really. Not everyone is significant enough to be on a s*itlist or two.

                      Comment

                      • poormastery
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2007
                        • 493

                        #56
                        "Rehabilitation"

                        Hi Monid,

                        Fair enough.

                        I would like to clarify my position.

                        For the record, I would consider it completely unacceptable to ever be "rehabilitated" as an uncensored poster.

                        Accepting any "rehabilitation" would imply that I rejected my "negative comments" about RM, and therefore accepted the views of the pro-RM camp.

                        I don't.

                        As such, I rather enjoy being on PT's rather exclusive banned list.

                        Kind Regards,
                        *poormastery*

                        Comment

                        • Glenn
                          Fanatical
                          • Jun 2005
                          • 3861

                          #57
                          I would have thought the answer was simple.
                          Do a reincarnation.
                          Xris can come back with a new identity in another life.
                          The whole trouble with that theological aurgument is that people who have been bad come back as a dog or a woman. (not my words just quoting the scriptures that millions of mis guided believers live by)

                          Seriously though.
                          Like I think everyone else has said, I do enjoy his input most of the time.

                          Comment

                          • Mark_B
                            Addicted
                            • Apr 2004
                            • 676

                            #58
                            A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away I was a moderator too.

                            Thankless task that it is.

                            Imho the mods performance on this site has improved in recent times.

                            As a general comment I'd say that if anyone's posting in a manner such that the mods feel the need to ban them (even temporarily) then, fwiw, the forum is better off without them.

                            M
                            Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. Before making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

                            Comment

                            • Perry
                              Geriatric
                              • Sep 2004
                              • 16861

                              #59
                              Originally posted by poormastery View Post
                              Accepting any "rehabilitation" would imply that I rejected my "negative comments" about RM, and therefore accepted the views of the pro-RM camp. I don't.
                              Either you don't get it, can't get it, or wont get it.

                              On PT, "negative comments" are permitted, subject
                              to the rules. So read them and post by them and
                              stop bleating.

                              Comment

                              • Aston
                                Fanatical
                                • Jul 2005
                                • 1030

                                #60
                                Originally posted by Glenn View Post

                                The whole trouble with that theological aurgument is that people who have been bad come back as a dog or a woman. (not my words just quoting the scriptures that millions of mis guided believers live by)
                                Scripture???

                                Book, Chapter and Verse please.

                                Comment

                                Working...