is the a LL problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is the a LL problem?

Neighbours say there are regularly six men, two women and five young children living in the house.

One resident, who described the property as "a house of horrors", said the tenants regularly held parties and this week alone they had been partying since Monday.

They said they often saw fights, people urinating on fences and children playing out near the road. Police had visited on a number of occasions.

Another neighbour, who did not want to be named, has described residing next to the house as "a living hell".

Last night they heard a woman screaming in anger in the driveway .

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crim...leged-stabbing
    have you defeated them?
    your demons

Well if you think landlords are responsible for their tenants behaviour, then yes.

But if you think people shoudl be responsible and act in a reasonable manner, of their own volition, then no.
    Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Jaysus. Terminate the tenancy.

www.3888444.co.nz
      Facebook Page

Comment

The Landlord who makes them live like this should be found and prosecuted.

Comment

I think this place needs more insulation, a fixed source of heating, the hot water temperature verified and a hand rail on the back steps.

Comment

Christchurch City Council confirmed the property had been the subject of 19 noise complaints in the past year.
            On each occasion the noise was not deemed excessive, said the council's inspections and enforcement unit manager, Anne Columbus.
            Because of the history of complaints, an environmental health officer visited the property in May and spoke to the occupants about the noise.
            Landlord Murray Hill said he was unaware of issues at the property until yesterday.
            A resident, who would not be named, said they were fed up with the parties, foul language and disorder.
            "We've been trying to get them out but they [officials] keep saying there's nothing they can do," the resident said. "I just can't cope any more."
            Another resident said they feared for the safety of the children who were allowed to play out near the busy road. They could not understand why authorities had not intervened.
            Child, Youth and Family Christchurch regional director Chris Harvey said he would not comment because the matter was before the courts.
            "If people have concerns about children in their neighbourhood, we urge them to make those concerns known to the appropriate authorities," he said.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/10331618/Woman-charged-over-alleged-stabbing
            have you defeated them?
            your demons

Comment

Landlord Murray Hill said he was unaware of issues at the property until yesterday.
              It really does make me wonder how someone can rent a property such as this, to tenants such as these, and then have their head in the sand so deep that they are blissfully unaware of problems at the property.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kane View Post
                I think this place needs more insulation, a fixed source of heating, the hot water temperature verified and a hand rail on the back steps.
                Lol yes.

Perhaps landlords should have to pay for a social worker to visit 2-3 times a week and make sure the tenants are OK?

This person could pop in and check on them from time to time, teach them about toilet paper, deal with their murderous rages etc.

A female would be best, as tenants would be more receptive to female input I'm sure. Let's call her 'Mary'.

So as I said, Mary could Pop-In from time to time, and magically fix all tenants ills.
                Squadly dinky do!

Comment

poor guy was knifed

as he tried to leave

nobody walks on me

she screamed
                  have you defeated them?
                  your demons

Comment

Property owner and property manager must not be the same person,

but noise is a real issue, so take sound proofing on the WOF check-list

Comment

If a landlord presents a property that terribly deserves tenants like that, however the neighbours don't. Really bugs me seeing houses like these, how hard is it to give the house and fence a fresh coat of paint?

Maintenance is important when owning an investment.

Comment

What's important for an investment is security of capital then a reasonable return.
                        Maintenance is merely a cost of doing business.
                        The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

Originally posted by PC View Post
                          What's important for an investment is security of capital then a reasonable return.
                          In that case the property owner should have paid more attention to what was happening at his property.

Comment

What property damage occurred?
                            How much rent was missed?
                            Do noise complaints get reported to property owners - or is this a breach of privacy?

Home providers have no power to control the activities of tenants.
                            Instead of property WOF - maybe LLs should be issued batons, tasers, brown shirts and get to paint their cars pyjama colours.
                            Then we could stir up the problem.
                            That or buy more shares.
                            The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

I wouldn't blame the landlord. Tenants are responsible for their own actions. Landlords are not their to teach them to control their anger or how their children should play etc.

Also, I don't think noise complaints are reported to the property owner - unless if I am wrong?
                              www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
                              # Property Management
                              # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

Comment

Working...
                              X