No announcement yet.

Property Management incompetence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usually its the ones that are investors themselves that I've noticed are the best

Comment

Its free interface with any Real Estate agencies.I was take some exhortation before after fulfilled property without bring any danger go with that.

Comment

Beg Pardon?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane D View Post
          Nope. Property Managers are NOT governed by any body.

Shane
          What about the tenancy tribunal Shane? I don't see how regulating PM' will be any different to what is currently in place with the tribunal. They certainly clamp down on shaky business practice....
          Fraser Wilkinson
          www.managemyrental.co.nz
          Wellington / Lower Hutt / Upper Hutt / Porirua

Comment

Originally posted by FJW View Post
            What about the tenancy tribunal Shane? I don't see how regulating PM' will be any different to what is currently in place with the tribunal. They certainly clamp down on shaky business practice....
            Mate - it's 5 years old!

Comment

He's just commenting. No harm in that.

www.3888444.co.nz
              Facebook Page

Comment

Hi
                New to this, are real estate property managers any good for the high fee they charge, as in two minds whether i want to use their services or do it myself? another option i was thinking of, if they find and screen the tenant to rent and i decide to do the property management side, who does the residential tenancy agreement. based in Tauranga, thanx

Comment

I am experienced at property management although haven't done it for a few years apart from looking after our own rental. HAve just engaged a property manager and was surprised at how much more is required from the landlord. I'm happy to relinquish control. The letting agent will write up the tenancy agreement.

Comment

Let Quinovic do it for you. Best in Tga.

Comment

• It's All In The Monogrammed Tee Shirt!

Not quite so good in Wellie.

Tenancy Tribunal criticises Quinovic breaches over bond, smoke alarms, and entry without consent
                      16 Jan 2019
                      Originally posted by Stuff
                      Property manager Quinovic has been penalised by the Tenancy Tribunal for not lodging a tenant's bond, smoke alarms that didn't work at a house, and a letter that breached tenancy law. Three of the firm's Wellington offices were ordered to pay damages in the months after a controversial ad, targeting landlords, was posted on Quinovic's Facebook page in August and claimed: "Your tenants may hate us. You will love us!"
                      This bit seemed odd:
                      Instead he charged exemplary damages against Quinovic for not maintaining working smoke alarms at the house.
                      I thought it was now the tenants' responsibility to maintain smoke alarms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
                        I thought it was now the tenants' responsibility to maintain smoke alarms.
                        I've always wondered about this.
                        I've always felt that the LL should be replacing the batteries as required rather than the tenant.
                        With 10yr models I feel that the PM should check that they work each visit and after that the tenant should leave them alone.
                        It would then be the tenants fault if they 'interfered' with it.

Without actual details it is hard to know what the issue of 'maintaining' was.

I do wonder about Quinovic Wellington - somehow they hit the media a bit (certainly more than the others).

Comment

• Through our PM in Whangarei we have someone come out once a year and check the smoke alarms - $100. Writes a report for the file, ticks the boxes.
                          Found out after doing some repairs in Dec that tenant no longer has to change the lightbulbs, getting a bit dark in the toilet later in the evening!

Comment

• Originally posted by Meehole View Post
                            Through our PM in Whangarei we have someone come out once a year and check the smoke alarms - $100. Writes a report for the file, ticks the boxes.
                            Found out after doing some repairs in Dec that tenant no longer has to change the lightbulbs, getting a bit dark in the toilet later in the evening!
                            I'm not paying $100/property for someone to press a button once a year - madness!
                            I'd rather the PM pressed the button at each 3 monthly inspection.
                            Not into 'box ticking' - I'd rather have safety.

Comment

• Originally posted by NomoneyNotalk View Post
                              Yes 2 months notice. I am still away overseas. Might do it when coming back. Any good PM you can recommend in Auckland area? I was talking with Quinovic , they seem like good PMs, but charging 7.5%. Bit expensive. Or are they worth paying?
                              I had very bad experience with Quinovic. Their PM was lousy ; we bought a property that was being managed by Quinovic last year and they were really slack, for example the inspection for the 2 units reports indicated they knew about the total absence of smoke detectors for many years but chose not to do anything about it . The rents they had been charging both tenants were undervalued in total by $180! Really hopeless.

Comment

• Hhhhmmmmm . . . .

Seems a bit of education has been missed . . .
                                Originally posted by RTA
                                40 Tenant’s responsibilities
                                (1) The tenant shall—
                                (ca) comply with all requirements in respect of smoke alarms imposed on the tenant by regulations made under section 138A;
                                Originally posted by RTA
                                138A Regulations in respect of smoke alarms
                                (1) The Governor-General may, by Order in Council, make regulations imposing on landlords or tenants requirements in respect of smoke alarms for the purposes of section 40(1)(ca), 45(1)(ba), 66I(1)(ba), or 66K(1)(ca).
                                (4) However, the requirements that may be imposed on tenants by regulations under this section are limited to requirements in respect of the replacement of worn-out batteries contained in smoke alarms.
                                The legislation (Act & Regulations) are a nightmare to follow.

Keys has had some TTKK success with this general matter and may elect to comment.

Comment

Working...
                                X