Header Ad Module

Collapse

Where is xris?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Gerrard
    ***** Junkie
    • Jan 2004
    • 1093

    #16
    Wow the fulla ain't dead (that we know of), just hasn't posted for a while. No need for a wake just yet...

    Comment

    • Scott Miller
      Mortgage Broker
      • Jul 2006
      • 302

      #17
      Nice work Spaceman - no beating around the bush. Here kitty kitty kitty
      Scott Miller - Mortgage Broker
      Ph: 03 980 4541 M: 021 34 36 48
      AMS's website My email

      Comment

      • Glen
        Banned
        • Jan 2005
        • 1443

        #18
        Give it a rest guys!

        I didn't mean anything else but concern actually!

        I realise that a lot of older investors that post on here will be near their 'past by date', and my original post was a genuine concern that one of our most 'colourful' characters on PT, could possibly not be here again.......that's all.

        I personally hope that xris is just on a well deserved cruise for a month or so, and cant be 'arsed' replying!
        Good on ya, and good luck!

        Comment

        • Monid
          Philophaster
          • Feb 2004
          • 3062

          #19
          After repeated posts that violated the Property Talk Forum Rules, Xris has been put on a watchlist. Being on the watchlist means that any new posts by Xris must be released by a moderator before being publicly viewable. This was a step taken reluctantly after repeated requests that Xris post within the rules were not complied with.

          Xris has not been banned - he* is at liberty to post as much or as little as he wants and any post that does not violate the rules will be released.

          Xris has not posted anything since been put on the watchlist. So it does seem that - for now - Xris has decided that he would rather not post at all, than comply with the Forum rules. We're hoping he does continue to post, too, since Xris often has very helpful things to say. Just that he seems to have difficulty in saying some of them in a way that doesn't break the rules.

          The Moderators.

          * References to male gender include the female gender as well.
          New to property investing? See: Best PropertyTalk Threads for New and Old Investors And/Or:Propertytalk Wiki

          Comment

          • Scott Miller
            Mortgage Broker
            • Jul 2006
            • 302

            #20
            Well I for one hope that xris is reading these posts as a guest and decides to return to our community.
            Scott Miller - Mortgage Broker
            Ph: 03 980 4541 M: 021 34 36 48
            AMS's website My email

            Comment

            • PeterEmpowerEd
              • Oct 2003
              • 725

              #21
              Roll of honour?

              Originally posted by Monid View Post
              After repeated posts that violated the Property Talk Forum Rules, Xris has been put on a watchlist.
              Crikey dick.
              While I daren't criticise the moderators (blessings be upon them) ... is this what we've come to? Tragic.

              I would be interested in seeing a list of who is on this watchlist...

              * poormastery
              * weasel driver
              * xris

              Anyone else?

              What's the common thread?
              Last edited by PeterEmpowerEd; 06-06-2008, 08:54 PM. Reason: quote
              Peter Aranyi
              Blog: www.ThePaepae.com

              Comment

              • Glen
                Banned
                • Jan 2005
                • 1443

                #22
                Originally posted by PeterEmpowerEd View Post
                Crikey dick.
                While I daren't criticise the moderators (blessings be upon them) ... is this what we've come to? Tragic.

                I would be interested in seeing a list of who is on this watchlist...

                * poormastery
                * weasel driver
                * xris

                Anyone else?

                What's the common thread?
                If contributors like xris etc are on this 'watchlist', then why the heck aren't K-Bar & co?

                At least xris and poormastery made valid points!,....unlike this chop-suey nonsense of others! (you know who I mean!)

                Comment

                • Monid
                  Philophaster
                  • Feb 2004
                  • 3062

                  #23
                  Originally posted by PeterEmpowerEd View Post
                  Crikey dick.
                  While I daren't criticise the moderators (blessings be upon them) ... is this what we've come to? Tragic.

                  I would be interested in seeing a list of who is on this watchlist...

                  * poormastery
                  * weasel driver
                  * xris

                  Anyone else?

                  What's the common thread?
                  Pretty simple. An inability to reign themselves in and stick within the (fairly moderate) rules despite being asked time and again. The watchlist is a measure of last resort which we don't like to use but it has done wonders in the past for getting people to mend their ways. It isn't permanent and once they have shown that they can post consistently for a bit without breaking the rules then they will be removed from the list.

                  Cheers
                  David
                  New to property investing? See: Best PropertyTalk Threads for New and Old Investors And/Or:Propertytalk Wiki

                  Comment

                  • Monid
                    Philophaster
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 3062

                    #24
                    Originally posted by Glen View Post
                    If contributors like xris etc are on this 'watchlist', then why the heck aren't K-Bar & co?

                    At least xris and poormastery made valid points!,....unlike this chop-suey nonsense of others! (you know who I mean!)
                    Glen it isn't about the quality of contributions it is entirely about remaining within the forum rules. If you feel K-Bar or other posters are breaking those rules please report their posts using the button. If the moderators have been forced to moderate their posts ad infinitum then they will go on the watchlist...

                    Cheers
                    David
                    New to property investing? See: Best PropertyTalk Threads for New and Old Investors And/Or:Propertytalk Wiki

                    Comment

                    • Perry
                      Geriatric
                      • Sep 2004
                      • 16861

                      #25
                      To clarify a couple of things. (Bit of a double-up)
                      Being on the watchlist does not 'relegate'
                      a PT member to being a guest poster. They remain
                      a member, as before, but all their posts are 'moderated,'
                      pre-public-viewing, as Monid did explain, earlier.
                      What's the common thread?
                      The answer to that is a no-brainer:
                      Breaking the forum posting rules.
                      Nothing more, nothing less. So 'no,' it is not tragic.
                      PT forumites can be as incisive as they want,
                      if they play by the rules, OK?

                      Play the ball, not the player.

                      Comment

                      • Jumpin
                        Fanatical
                        • Jun 2006
                        • 1293

                        #26
                        Quick question- Are posts generally moderated on sight or do they require a complaint first to attract the moderators attention?

                        Comment

                        • PeterEmpowerEd
                          • Oct 2003
                          • 725

                          #27
                          Red badge of courage

                          Thanks David, what about my questions? Who else is currently 'muzzled'?
                          Originally posted by Monid View Post
                          The watchlist is a measure of last resort which we don't like to use but it has done wonders in the past for getting people to mend their ways.
                          Er, yik. That sounds creepy. (Is Commercial Dan your poster boy for such 'rehabilitation'? Anyone else?)

                          Hi Perry: Actually, can I suggest another factor is the willingess of certain parties to report posts and other parties' unwillingness to do so.

                          When a similar discussion arose last year in the then-rather-fraught Richmastery thread (then at only 45,000 views) and some informercial threads, I took a position in favour of self-control... and stand by it.

                          But this blacklisting/probation/gagging feels 'off' to me.

                          The goal of the community isn't a quiet life for the mods.
                          Peter Aranyi
                          Blog: www.ThePaepae.com

                          Comment

                          • Perry
                            Geriatric
                            • Sep 2004
                            • 16861

                            #28
                            Mods do not scurry about looking for breaches.
                            If you see something that brings the PT Forums
                            into disrepute, please report it.
                            You will be asked for a reason!
                            E.g. breaks forum rule 2(b).

                            Comment

                            • poormastery
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2007
                              • 493

                              #29
                              Creepy?

                              Indeed, an exceptionally creepy quote from Monid!

                              “…it has done wonders in the past for getting people to mend their ways.”

                              Perhaps poormastery can “mend my ways” by doing penance of 10 lines?

                              I love Richmastery!!!
                              I love Richmastery!!!
                              I love Richmastery!!!
                              I love Richmastery!!!
                              I love Richmastery!!!
                              I love Richmastery!!!
                              I love Richmastery!!!
                              I love Richmastery!!!
                              I love Richmastery!!!
                              I love Richmastery!!!

                              Rgds,
                              *Mended poormastery*

                              Comment

                              • Perry
                                Geriatric
                                • Sep 2004
                                • 16861

                                #30
                                Hi Perry: Actually, can I suggest another factor is the willingess of certain parties to report posts and other parties' unwillingness to do so.
                                Sure, you can suggest it. But you might also consider
                                that the Mods are not all klutzes. Only in rare cases
                                is a decision made by one Mod. There's usually some
                                degree of agreement, along with give and take. Some
                                reported posts result in no action being taken. Further,
                                'serial' reporters may be warned that crying wolf overly
                                much may result in little credence being given to oft-
                                repeated reporting 'behaviour.'

                                You elect to take the position of self-control. The Mods
                                would be ecstatic if everyone else did the same!
                                Why doesn't it happen?

                                Comment

                                Working...