• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Investment Opportunity - Earn up to 400%

Hi All,

I am sure most of you will have noticed the current main banner advert:

"Ultimate Investment Opportunity - Earn up to 400%"

More info here: http://www.actionseries7.co.nz/investment.htm

The invitation is to put money into the Actiongems Wholesale Enhanced Income Fund with "...the ultimate opportunity for high-rewards and limited risk on your cash investment". Sounds good!

Are any PTers considering getting involved in this fund?

What sorts of things should an investor consider before getting involved in an investment fund like this?

Regards
    Stuart

What sorts of things should an investor consider before getting involved in an investment fund like this?
    The fact that if they aren't very good traders they/you will lose all of your dough

Comment

I don't know anything about these guys, but with a banner saying 'earn up to 400%' I would definitely steer clear.
      You know the old saying "If it looks too good to be true......"

Comment

Minimum entry 500,000, can you afford to lose it??

Comment

Originally posted by Jumpin View Post
          I don't know anything about these guys, but with a banner saying 'earn up to 400%' I would definitely steer clear.
          You know the old saying "If it looks too good to be true......"
          Isn't interesting how we are conditioned to immediately suspect this must be something dodgey, yet if some-one offered a place with 100k equity we think that's normal ?
          Food.Gems.ILS

Comment

Originally posted by Keithw View Post
            Isn't interesting how we are conditioned to immediately suspect this must be something dodgey, yet if some-one offered a place with 100k equity we think that's normal ?
            Lets face it, even if they are good traders, they could still lose all of your dough.
            As for a 400% return, it is imaginary, illusory, it doesn't exist.
            Just the same as equity doesn't exist in some of the deals being offered
            Last edited by outspoken; 18-11-2009, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Note they say 400% in money invested.
              Same as with a property, put in $1,000 but trade a $500,000 position (property) via margin trading, CFD Options etc
              400% on $1,000 = 4000

can you make $4000 on a property trade ? = pretty easy for most.

Trouble is, you can also lose your 4k just as quick, but it is 4 k not 500k
              Food.Gems.ILS

Comment

Isn't interesting how we are conditioned to immediately suspect this must be something dodgey
                It is interesting, and I know what you're saying.

Isn't this just like someone with no experience in Property saying give me your money and I will make you 400%.
                AS far as I'm aware and from the "who are we" page Robyn Grinter has no experience trading options yet she is fronting something and 2 somebodys who dont appear to have a huge amount of experience either. If they did surely they would have at least worked at a major Financial institution at some point in their careers, not farming and real-estate.
                Last edited by outspoken; 18-11-2009, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Sigh, options trading again... these same things just keep popping up.

They want everyone else's money a) because they have none of their own, because they don't know how to make money and b) they wouldn't risk their own money on this sort of dodgy crap shoot!
                  Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
                    Sigh, options trading again... these same things just keep popping up.

They want everyone else's money a) because they have none of their own, because they don't know how to make money and b) they wouldn't risk their own money on this sort of dodgy crap shoot!
                    Summed it up in a nutshell Davo.

Think about it folks.

400% return means that your $500k would be 2mill at the end of 1 year.
                    it would then be $8mill at the end of year 2
                    Now we start to have fun, it's $32 mill end of year 3
                    And hold the press at the end of year 4 you are now one of NZ's richest ($50 mill now to be a part of the NBR Rich list) because you now have $128 million dollars.

So why then, if those returns are being achieved do the managers need your money?

Comment

Thanks for the guidance.

I notice that a great deal of the content of the "Ultimate Investment Opportunity" web page is similar to the content on this web page. http://bit.ly/1NZBVM
                      Last edited by Cadmium; 18-11-2009, 08:47 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Originally posted by Cadmium View Post
                        Thanks for the guidance.

I notice that a great deal of the content of the "Ultimate Investment Opportunity" web page is similar to the content on this web page. http://bit.ly/1NZBVM
                        Nice detective work.

Looks like the RM boys (*) were not the only ones borrowing other peoples content.

Relevant references:
                        *Rm vs Empowereducation
                        *RM website terms and condition page comparision check
                        Last edited by whitt; 18-11-2009, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Your right Cadmium, I thought I was getting an echo on me broad band.

Vendor A
                          Now Back to Ken's Option Analysis…
Ken labors intensely to uncover just one, two or three trades a week -- from tens and tens of thousands of possible trades. It's like searching for the needle in the haystack.
                          Ken considers how much time is left before the option expires... how far the stock is trading from the option’s strike price... he looks at the stock’s volatility... he looks a support and resistance levels. He models the trades with his proprietary software.
                          In the end Ken Trester hand selects a few trades for you from the vast options universe. It's taken Ken over 3 decades to perfect this system.
                          ++++++++++
                          Vendor B
                          Now Back to Trean & Richard’s Option Analysis & covered calls analysis? Trean & Richard work to uncover just one, two or three trades a week for the Fund-- from tens and tens of thousands of possible trades. It's like searching for the needle in the haystack.
                          Trean & Richard consider how much time is left before the option expires... and covered call and how far the stock is trading from the option's strike price... they look at the stock's volatility... they look at support and resistance levels.
                          Trean & Richard models Warren Buffett trades with our proprietary software.
                          In the end Trean & Richard hand select a few trades for you from the vast options and covered calls universe to trade for the Fund.

unbelievable!

Comment

wow...what a shocker.

Wheres Peter?

Comment

Im surprised none of you know Robyn Grinter, she is well known in the Property Industry and commands
                              a lot of respect. She has been around for a long time and I understand she has a respectable portfolio. I have not looked at this deal in length (which I will), but I can say she is trustworthy.

Comment

Working...
                              X