Speculation & Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CENTRAL55 View Post
    Gee Baron I'm new here, perhaps you can tell me who's died and made you boss and why you seem to assume that your view is the only correct one on this forum. If you don't like somebody else's actions why don't you take your own advice and report them and ignore it ?
    +3... Seems the good Baron has had it with being walked all over by Danger Mouse and is taking it out on the more productive members of this forum.

Comment

• Actually guys I'll support the baron on this one....if only because I believe in healthy debate and the idea that the more someone questions someones point of view the better the answers we get.

Steve is extremely capable of looking after himself on this forum and can deliver the goods on his point of view with fantastic supporting documentation, his insights certainly make one (maybe I shouldn't generalise,) make me think hard about my point of view and position on investing. I haven't changed my POV but I have certainly analysed my decision making process and made some changes to my portfolio.

Thats my zimbabwean 2 trillion cents worth

Comment

• I don't have any problem with anyone having an opinion, in fact I welcome it, that's what these forums are all about. What I was talking about here was "pots calling kettles black".

Cheers
        Common sense isn't so common anymore

Comment

• yeah I know 55, I was just being the devils advocate...

lol... and I'm not calling you the devil baron

Comment

• Originally posted by CENTRAL55 View Post
            I don't have any problem with anyone having an opinion, in fact I welcome it, that's what these forums are all about. What I was talking about here was "pots calling kettles black".

Cheers
            I agree 100%

I am sick of people being over sensitive and ruining perfectly good debates by ganging up and tryng to shush any dissent or questions over what I think are very questionable 'facts' and opinions...

Comment

• Gold at the moment is NZ$1914.oz

Up US$51.80 or 5.58% for the year.
              or
              Up US$123.70 or 14.45% for the month.

Seems to be doing better than property.
              "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by tpr2 View Post
                yeah I know 55, I was just being the devils advocate...

lol... and I'm not calling you the devil baron
                Did you call me the devil?

Shall I put in huge font about the forum rules?

Comment

• Is it really though muppet?

The underlying asset class certainly has over the last month but over the last year it has only shown 5.58%.

you would have property in your portfolio that has a yield better than that I am sure.

I also believe that eventually the flight to gold will stop as confidence in markets returns and people look around and say "hey we need some income from our investments"

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Silas Greenback View Post
                    Did you call me the devil?

Shall I put in huge font about the forum rules?
                    lol.... the devilish smile suits you better baron

Comment

• I am still waiting for an answer as to who they think will keep buying gold to push the price higher.

Comment

• Obviously someone is because the price keeps going up.
                        "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

• "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

• "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

• Clearly... but it is pure speculation surely.. and therefore how reliable? IMO it has entered a very dangerous phase where some big players are going to make a fortune on mainpulating the market both ways.

Comment

• Well, gold has done better than property during the past year according to this chart.

The market dipped a little more in January, with an 8.5% drop in national house values compared with the same period in 2008, according to QV.

Most of the main centres fell again, with Auckland down 9%, Wellington down 8.5% and Christchurch down 8.8%.

On the bright side, lower house prices and falling mortgage rates are fuelling buyer interest. 860,000 unique browsers visited Trade Me Property in January, generating more email enquiries than ever before.

Comment

Working...
                                X