Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone want to defend/explain Dr Walter Palmer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tulips View Post
    Should anyone that eats meat pass judgement ?
    Why not?
    I don't eat Lion or Elephant.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
      Why not?
      I don't eat Lion or Elephant.
      You seem not to be able to digest the meaning of hypocrisy.

Comment

Originally posted by tulips View Post
        You seem not to be able to digest the meaning of hypocrisy.
        I do but just don't believe that eating meat produced as it is in NZ and killing protected animals to be in any way related.
        What relationship do you see?

Comment

Here's an example of one of these hunters:

Joining her will be American Mike Martineau, who also faces backlash for supporting Corgatelli and mocking hunting critics.

He runs a popular hunting blog titled 'Rack 'em Up,' where he describes himself as "a God fearing American who loves God, family, guns, and hunting."

He last visited New Zealand in March this year, where he shot stags at Glen Dene.

After receiving death threats this week, he responded to his critics on Facebook:

"If you have the balls to threaten to kill me and my family you better believe I won't hesitate to put a bullet between your eyes."

Sounds like a psychopath to me.

Comment

Even the hunters struggle to explain why they kill large animals.

So if conservation is a hunter's defence, what, then, makes that hunter want to kill?
            Taranaki hunter Simon Gillice doesn't have an answer to that question - despite a grizzly bear rug in his lounge from his one trophy hunt in Alaska in 2012.
            "It comes back to what are your ethics. That's very personal and everyone is different. Everyone has an opinion on it," he said.
            Gillice - who paid close to $20,000 for the trip and the trophy - had tussled with the debate of gun versus camera.
            "You could ask, 'If you feel so strongly about conservation why didn't you just donate the [kill] fee and take a photo.' It's a hard one to justify. I don't have a good answer. But I'm comfortable with it."

Comment

Working...
            X