Header Ad Module

Collapse

Outrageous breach! Wine tasting festival ticket ad used my picture without consent.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mrsaneperson
    Fanatical
    • Jan 2012
    • 2289

    #1

    Outrageous breach! Wine tasting festival ticket ad used my picture without consent.

    I bought a ticket online to a recent wine tasting festival . Apparently some of the terms and conditions of purchase allowed the use of photos taken at the event. I thought little of this until i saw they are promoting the next wine festival ticket sale by using a poster featuring myself and one other person! I contacted them about this and said i had never given authorization ,and they said it was all part of the terms & conditions when i bought my ticket..Far-out i'm gob smacked!

    Can they use my picture in their ads to sell tickets to their next event? This seems outrageous.

    Imagine if true, one could wind up on a tin of spaghetti.
  • Bob Kane
    Fanatical
    • May 2008
    • 3679

    #2
    Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
    I thought little of this until i saw they are promoting the next wine festival ticket sale by using a poster featuring myself and one other person!
    Caught out, aye?
    I bet your partner isn't impressed as you told them you were visiting your mother that day.

    Comment

    • mrsaneperson
      Fanatical
      • Jan 2012
      • 2289

      #3
      eeh aye by gum laddie ..lol

      no , not at all ..imagine you go to an event and a few months later you see an ad to buy tickets for the next same event with just your picture on it ,no one asked you, no one told you..This is a commercial venture..Am i not entitled to some form of remuneration?

      Comment

      • Bob Kane
        Fanatical
        • May 2008
        • 3679

        #4
        Why?
        What have you contributed that deserves remuneration?

        Comment

        • mrsaneperson
          Fanatical
          • Jan 2012
          • 2289

          #5
          they're using my picture in pursuit of the generation of profit..my picture appeals ,i'm such a great looking msp

          Comment

          • Leftette
            Banned
            • Jun 2013
            • 1980

            #6
            I don't think they'd have used it had they prior knowledge of your politics. If that got out, and people associated it to the festival, no one would buy a ticket.

            Comment

            • Maccachic
              Fanatical
              • Jul 2011
              • 2759

              #7
              Id be stoked myself and get a few copies to keep for reminiscing later when things are where they used to be. May try and score a few ticket or two?

              Comment

              • Leftette
                Banned
                • Jun 2013
                • 1980

                #8
                When things AREN'T where they used to be? Tell me about it.

                Comment

                • Glizzle
                  Addicted
                  • Apr 2012
                  • 770

                  #9
                  What was the wine like?

                  Comment

                  • Maccachic
                    Fanatical
                    • Jul 2011
                    • 2759

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Leftette View Post
                    When things AREN'T where they used to be? Tell me about it.
                    You know 60 years down the track...the skin sags

                    Comment

                    • Leftette
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2013
                      • 1980

                      #11
                      Having trouble seeing the knees?

                      Comment

                      • Bluekiwi
                        Fanatical
                        • May 2008
                        • 4002

                        #12
                        Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
                        I bought a ticket online to a recent wine tasting festival . Apparently some of the terms and conditions of purchase allowed the use of photos taken at the event. I thought little of this until i saw they are promoting the next wine festival ticket sale by using a poster featuring myself and one other person! I contacted them about this and said i had never given authorization ,and they said it was all part of the terms & conditions when i bought my ticket..Far-out i'm gob smacked!

                        Can they use my picture in their ads to sell tickets to their next event? This seems outrageous.

                        Imagine if true, one could wind up on a tin of spaghetti.
                        Come on then lets see the picture.
                        There is no punch without Judy.

                        Comment

                        • Maccachic
                          Fanatical
                          • Jul 2011
                          • 2759

                          #13
                          There is a reason you should always read everything you sign. Think the internet encourages us to just click "accept".

                          Comment

                          • Glizzle
                            Addicted
                            • Apr 2012
                            • 770

                            #14
                            I didnt sign anything, Police Ten 7 still used by face.

                            Comment

                            • Bluekiwi
                              Fanatical
                              • May 2008
                              • 4002

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Glizzle View Post
                              I didnt sign anything, Police Ten 7 still used by face.
                              I always had my doubts about you Gizzle.

                              Comment

                              Working...