No announcement yet.

Duncan attacks Ron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But, elguapo, "don't you know who I am?".

Surely Ron's not got Aaron Gilmour-itis.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo View Post
      This sounds very much like the 'I'm an important person' school of dealing with criticism.
      Ron just laughed it off and said it was good advertising for him on our student Facebook page.

Comment

I also agree the article is a piece of crap aimed at the lowest common denominator anti-landlord/investor reader that there possibly could be.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftette View Post
          I also agree the article is a piece of crap aimed at the lowest common denominator anti-landlord/investor reader that there possibly could be.
          Absolutely, but Ron should be proactive at dealing with it, ring him up and go on the show. Talking about 'legal consequences' straight off the bat would get any, even half arsed, journalist nose twitching that they were on to something.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Lin View Post
            Ron just laughed it off and said it was good advertising for him on our student Facebook page.

I think he is mistaken to think it's good advertising currently. He needs to work at it to turn it into some.

Comment

Absolutely, but Ron should be proactive at dealing with it, ring him up and go on the show. Talking about 'legal consequences' straight off the bat would get any, even half arsed, journalist nose twitching that they were on to something.
              Ron's on an overseas holiday enjoying his South American experience, I doubt he has much interest dealing with Duncan at this point lol.

Comment

I think he is mistaken to think it's good advertising currently. He needs to work at it to turn it into some.
                Tbh I think Ron's famous enough in the property circle, he doesn't need more publicity.

Btw, who listens to Radio whatever anyways?

Comment

Ron's on an overseas holiday enjoying his South American experience, I doubt he has much interest dealing with Duncan at this point lol.
                  Huh? You started this suggesting Duncan needs to lawyer up, and doesn't he know who he's dealing with, and now it's no bother?

Comment

Huh? You started this suggesting Duncan needs to lawyer up, and doesn't he know who he's dealing with, and now it's no bother?
                    No I'm just saying Duncan should do more background check on people before forming his opinion.

As for the legal part, I would have thought there are rules against that. What happens if he attacks John Key I wonder? Maybe nothing legally can happen as we do have good freedom of speech in NZ.

I'm sure Ron's not going to sue Duncan & Radio whatever.
                    Last edited by PTILoveYou; 04-04-2014, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Sue for what? Where's the defamation? Even if it's racist, it's not defamation (as far as I know, but I'm no lawyer).

Comment

Originally posted by Leftette View Post
                        Sue for what? Where's the defamation? Even if it's racist, it's not defamation (as far as I know, but I'm no lawyer).
                        Well I'm just exaggerating

Comment

Listening to Duncan yesterday.
                          He was emphathising "Super Investor" and 10k capital gains per year.
                          Investors with multiple properties and infering on that fact, that first home buyers couldnt get in the market, because of them.

And yep he dropped the race card also, but that wasnt his main attacking angle.
                          It as the tax free 10k per month capital gains that got him.

I will ask him to comment here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluekiwi View Post
                            Listening to Duncan yesterday.
                            He was emphathising "Super Investor" and 10k capital gains per year.

It as the tax free 10k per month capital gains that got him.

I will ask him to comment here.
                            He's just jealous

Comment

I bet Duncan hasn't been in consultation with his legal council at Radio whatever. Maybe he got out of the same bed as Rachel Smalley.

Duncan should check what the consequences are for attacking or defaming Ron Hoy Fong, who is:
                              1) Justice of Peace
                              2) Queens Medal recipient
                              Which bit was defamatory?
                              Attacking - fine, it's called freedom of speech - something we hold dear in NZ
                              Defaming - not fine if you prove it.

Comment

It's called power of associations. (anyone listened to Personal Power 2 by Tony Robbins know what I mean)

First he talks about Ron, with a slightly negative view, then he goes to attack foreign Chinese property buyers. Duncan inevitably associated Ron with the negativity of the story.

It doesn't matter what Duncan wrote, it is what the viewers listeners interpretations of the story that count.
                                And I bet Ron doesn't give a shit what Duncan wrote.
                                Those who listen and believe Duncan weren't going to become a Ron disciple anyway!

Comment

Working...
                                X