Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Reckoning: Protecting Yourself in the Coming Depression

Whew!

I have just finished the introduction section of the "The Great Reckoning: Protecting Yourself in the Coming Depression" book. Another 550 pages to go - yeo the introduction was 50 pages long!

I have to admit I was daunted when I received the book the other day - 600 pages of mostly text in small font! This is a major book.

What I can say now is that I will read the entire book as I have found the book scary in the way they predicted events over 10 years ago that are currently occurring.

This book is holds back no punches and has forecasted a global Depression of large proportions using logic, historical evidence and fact that I cannot scoff at.

Like they say "the future is in the past'.

Cheers

Marc
    Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

Originally posted by Marc View Post
    Whew!
    This book is holds back no punches and has forecasted a global Depression of large proportions using logic, historical evidence and fact that I cannot scoff at.

Like they say "the future is in the past'.

Cheers

Marc
    ...indeed it is...

Comment

Hello Badger,

Could you provide your thoughts on the book? I would like to see what you got out of it.

Cheers

Marc

Comment

pretty much what I post about Marc

Ive only read parts of it round at a friends house some time ago, he has an extensive library of books...

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
          pretty much what I post about Marc

Ive only read parts of it round at a friends house some time ago, he has an extensive library of books...
          Can you post his address, and what time he's OUT please

600 pages of small print !!!!
          Wow.

Comment

...yep borrowed a few books, was into my resource depletion "must be a way out" phase at the time...

Comment

The Sovereign Individual is the follow up book to this, again an amazing read.

Even has a comment about our very own Winston Peter's on page 247.

Comment

interesting...what did it have to say about Peters?

Comment

hmmm.. the book mentions civil unrest is going to be a big part of this depression - look at this thread to see an example...

If you watch some videos on YouTube people have heard that the US is pulling back soldiers from overseas to get ready for the riots. Who knows - there is MEGA scare mongering on YouTube!

Cheers

Marc

Comment

Marc think I mentioned that last year and was promtly told by a majority here at PT that it was a load rubbish, nonsense and end of the world doom and gloom, and conspiracy theories

As stated then and will state now thats a reality when people have nothing left to loose economic loosers is the term used previously...so you can own the 10 houses on 0% interest, yet if society is falling apart around you so what?

Its the same as many new gold bugs wanting the $5000 per ounce deal, but with that event what sort of society will we all be navigating through?

It dosnt look good out there IMO and hasnt for quite some time...I dont think Kiwi Saver or any other government interventions will save many in the current paradigm shift begining to take hold...

Its a real cause for concern!

Comment

Hello Badger,

The logic is sound that people will riot when they have nothing left and history is full of examples. I think anyone who has trust in the governments ability to sort this mess out needs to read this book.

Cheers

Marc

Comment

...couldnt agree more and theres plenty of other good books and articles on the net to view and read that follow a very simliar format, about the true nature of things...

Comment

The chapter is headed "Nationalism, Reaction, and the New Luddites". They claim that Peter's is too lazy to think originally about how the new world will function in regards to the logic of the information economy.

Comment

...well the internet has definitly opened up alot of information that the masses would never have been exposed to in the past...

as did the printing press and newspapers in there day up to certain point...

Comment

Okay I have so far read 157 pages of the 600 and now truly believe that UK and USA are in deep poo-poo. Don't ask me to provide you with extracts from the book to prove this as I think I will need to read the book another 2 times for all the information to sink in.

What I have learned in summary is that history will always repeat itself and there seems to be a cycle for recessions and depressions throughout history and a defined pattern so you can actually forecast a recession or depression.

I will keep you updated as I go but I would recommend anyone to get this book. The world history alone is amazing.

Cheers

marc

Comment

Working...
                              X