Overseas Property Investment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overseas Property Investment

Overseas property investment is due for a huge boost in the new year with the changes to SIPPS rules. Many countries are already approved, particularly the commonwealth countries whose legal systems are more closely aligned with the UK.

It will be interesting to see which countries attract most of this investment. I can see people looking for safe alternatives if investing for their pension and investing where tax treatments are more favourable.

New Zealand could do quite well here as there is no Stamp Duty thus immediately being attractive as little pension money will disappear in buying costs. The lack of Capital Gains Tax also has to make it attractive yet at the same time the capital growth and rental yield figures are pretty safe.

Turkey seems to be doing quite well, many say its going to be the next spain. People are investing now! because in 10 years time, mortgages will be introduced for foriegners. The property prices can only do up.

Have a look at http://www.overseaspropertyinvestors.org they have got some good prices.

Comment

Hello nzcraigm,

That sounds very interesting....

I was wondering what country(s) are you referring to when you mention no stamp duty and capital gains tax.

Cheers

Marc
      Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

Comment

Originally posted by Marc
        Hello nzcraigm,

That sounds very interesting....

I was wondering what country(s) are you referring to when you mention no stamp duty and capital gains tax.

Cheers

Marc
        Originally posted by nzcraigm
        New Zealand could do quite well here ...
        Someone's not paying attention!

DFTBA

Comment

Working...
        X