Hi all,
I have a property under contract in Oamaru which consists of 3X2 brms, all let out 110 each. As a condition on the contract, I had asked for tenanted possession. I have just found out from the real estate agent that one of the tenants is in arrears and has given the vendor verbal notice of vacating the property, and that the vendor is taking the tenants to the tribunal.
My problem is that the contract goes unconditional this afternoon, with settlement this friday (24.11). While I am working with my solicitor on this, does anyone have a bright solution that would also work on my favor? I reckon I could knock off a few ks off the price, and im sure i could delay the settlement until the tribunal sorts out the issue, but could I stretch this to get the vendor to look for a tenant for me paying $110? Is this advisable?
cheers,
shahil
I have a property under contract in Oamaru which consists of 3X2 brms, all let out 110 each. As a condition on the contract, I had asked for tenanted possession. I have just found out from the real estate agent that one of the tenants is in arrears and has given the vendor verbal notice of vacating the property, and that the vendor is taking the tenants to the tribunal.
My problem is that the contract goes unconditional this afternoon, with settlement this friday (24.11). While I am working with my solicitor on this, does anyone have a bright solution that would also work on my favor? I reckon I could knock off a few ks off the price, and im sure i could delay the settlement until the tribunal sorts out the issue, but could I stretch this to get the vendor to look for a tenant for me paying $110? Is this advisable?
cheers,
shahil


Comment