Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I suspect tenant has another person move-in but how to prove it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Kane View Post
    Just the usual problems boyfriends bring eg smashing their fists through walls if their orders aren't obeyed, driving loud vehicles onto the property in the middle of the night, inviting mates to all-night parties, intimidating the neighbours.
    All those things that ladies don't do.
    So your tenant has "issues" but you can't bring yourself to admit you selected badly?

Originally posted by Keys View Post
    Experience shows that solo mums can be excellent tenants *until* the boyfriend moves in.
    Findsomeone and NZDating are full of those sorts. Seeing you don't think "birds of a feather flock together", I have a bridge to sell you.

Best move I ever made in dating was to look overseas.
    Last edited by PTWhatAGreatForum; 06-05-2018, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelNZ View Post
      Best move I ever made in dating was to look overseas.
      I agree.
      If 2 million NZ ladies don't like you, look further afield where the expectations are lower.

Comment

I agree.
        If 2 million NZ ladies don't like you, look further afield where the expectations are lower.
        Sounds like you are calling Asians cheap. You have no idea what the hell you are on about.

How about you keep your racist, redneck comments to yourself.
        Last edited by PTWhatAGreatForum; 06-05-2018, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Sounds like you are calling Asians cheap. You have no idea what the hell you are on about.

How about you keep your racist, redneck comments to yourself.
          Make that 2 million NZ ladies and 1 man.

Comment

Make that 2 million NZ ladies and 1 man.
            You speak for noone but yourself.

Your crazy ideas belong in the dark ages.

Comment

When you do their inspections take photographs of all the indications that an additional persona has moved in so any mens shoes at the door, clothes on the line etc....then as flyernzl mentioned if you have a stipulation in the agreement on the maximum number of persons who reside there once you have your evidence send them a 14 day notice.
              Fraser Wilkinson
              www.managemyrental.co.nz
              Wellington / Lower Hutt / Upper Hutt / Porirua

Comment

^^^ Tisk Tisk Tisk

www.3888444.co.nz
                Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by FJW View Post
                  When you do their inspections take photographs of all the indications that an additional persona has moved in so any mens shoes at the door, clothes on the line etc....then as flyernzl mentioned if you have a stipulation in the agreement on the maximum number of persons who reside there once you have your evidence send them a 14 day notice.
                  Have you considered your advice sounds stalkerish and creepy?

Given the landlord class has benefited greatly at the expense of the rent class, I foresee continued political inertia towards enhancing tenant's day-to-day rights, to bring them closer to like-ownership.

Comment

Have you considered your advice sounds stalkerish and creepy?

Given the landlord class has benefited greatly at the expense of the rent class, I foresee continued political inertia towards enhancing tenant's day-to-day rights, to bring them closer to like-ownership.
                    It does sound a bit stalkerish and are you allowed to take photos of the tenants personal effects?

Let's not bring class into this.
                    It should be about 2 parties honouring their agreements not some struggle by the oppressed over their uncaring over-lords.

Would you be first in line to help the LL out if there is damage caused by a third party who wasn't vetted by the LL because they had come in outside of the agreement they had?

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                      Let's not bring class into this.
                      It should be about 2 parties honouring their agreements not some struggle by the oppressed over their uncaring over-lords.
                      Absolutely, we are going to bring class into this because it's the elephant in the room. House prices have increased considerably faster than inflation (CPI) and wage growth to the point where working people, and even woirking couples, are becoming increasingly marginalised in our major cities.

Even more bizarre, prices in the provinces (where I live) have increased to levels there is no underlying economic rational for.

In the time I have been in this forum (5 years now - sheesh, how did that happen?) I have seen many a poster bragging about how great property is. As I have repeatedly maintained, residential rental property is not a business and a bubble fueled by cheap lending does not confer any certification of business acumen.

If said posters had done their homework they would have realised property is an industry which comes with considerable political risk. In plain english, "political risk" is the possibility the "powers that be" may decide to pay special attention to your industry.

If you want to participate in a comparatively unregulated industry with low political risk, do as I have and set up a business, which is capitalism at it's purest. My personal gig is e-commerce but there are several options out there to suit your preferences. Come and play in a real commercial sandpit. Then we will see whether some of you are as smart as you think you are.
                      Last edited by PTWhatAGreatForum; 07-05-2018, 01:29 PM.

Comment

So nothing about the contract?
                        You don't believe in them?
                        You'd be happy if a person rented out their place with specific limitations and then it was damaged because those contracted limitations weren't adhered to?

Comment

What's your point?

That there are some people out there with a different world view from yours?

That will never change and the negative energy you direct towards is a waste of your precious life.
                          Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

So nothing about the contract?
                            You don't believe in them?
                            Again, the commercial-naievity of some here shows. The owners of truck shops are one example of many smart-asses who thought they had contracts. Charter school operators are the latest to find out a contract is not always worth the paper it's written on.

If you want commercial-freedom, find an indusry the "powers that be" don't have so much of a vested interest in. IE: One where the free market rules. Property ain't it.
                            Last edited by PTWhatAGreatForum; 07-05-2018, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Again, the commercial-naievity of some here shows. The owners of truck shops are one example of many smart-asses who thought they had contracts. Charter school operators are the latest to find out a contract is not always worth the paper it's written on.

If you want commercial-freedom, find an indusry the "powers that be" don't have so much of a vested interest in. IE: One where the free market rules. Property ain't it.
                              We aren't (or I'm not) talking about Govt changes forced on the industry.
                              I don't have a problem with that - just something to work around.

I'm talking about the issue at hand - you rent to a person with a limit on the number of adults allowed.
                              They then dishonour that contract.
                              You seemed to be suggesting that the LL should just suck it up because they are money grubbing bastards who have raped and pillaged the masses for long enough (that felt better - add less inflammatory words if you wish).

I'm suggesting that a contract is something that should be honoured. A basic business tenet.

Comment

I'm talking about the issue at hand - you rent to a person with a limit on the number of adults allowed.
                                They then dishonour that contract.
                                It's a bit trite to demand people hold to a contract which may have been entered into under duress. In any case, it's not like the alleged "breach" is causing the landlord any loss.

If you want free market laissez-faire contracts, find a different industry.

Comment

Working...
                                X