HNZ possible wrongful eviction urgent advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobsyouruncle View Post
    I am advised that no one actually knows how long it can stay present. In the USA many researchers claim it will remain indefinitely until the place is cleaned. It definitely lasts many, many years. The oldest info I can find is a motel in Colorado that showed positive tests 12 years after being contaminated
    Nothing lasts indefinitely...

A quick test involving a clean room some quality testing gear a glass pipe and a few meth heads. will allow you work out how long meth residue stays on a room.

step 1 - test to confirm baseline
    step 2 - smoke up
    step 3 - test day after session
    step 4+ - test every 30 days thereafter

presto - you'll quickly have an indication of decay rate... Might take you 90 days to prove. By then you would be able to tell if you have zero reduction or not.

Comment

The oldest info I can find is a motel in Colorado that showed positive tests 12 years after being contaminated
      You would have to know how contaminated it was 12 years ago and what the reading was now.
      Even radioactivity has a half life.

Comment

That is true of course Cube but when the landlord is a government funded housing provider of last resort they never have a valid reason to evict unless the tenants behaviour is untenable. They are not landlords, they are a safety net for those needing help. That's why their behaviour in this case is so bad.
        That was my thought also.
        HNZ aren't just any old landlord and should be held to a higher standard.
        They have a higher duty of care.

Comment

UPDATE: HNZ have now found a larger home for the family and cancelled their termination. Once I turned up as support to the meeting their whole demeanour changed.

Comment

the landlord is a government funded housing provider of last resort ... They are not landlords, they are a safety net for those needing help.
            I think Glenn my have a different view from Nelson!
            DFTBA

Comment

They may not behave that way Q, but that is their function. They kept telling me that at the meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post

That's why all the noise has stopped and because the govt listened to him and upped the level allowed. from 0.5 to 2.0. Its probable it will go to 4.0 this year.
                Untrue.

As of right now the legislated level is still 0.5
                The proposed standard now talks of a level of 0.5 for a property where the stuff have been manufactured, 1.5 for a property with carpet where meth has been used and 2.0 for a property with only hard flooring where meth has been used.

The NZPIF submission is for a flat level of 2.0 in all circumstances, but as yet this is just a suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by flyernzl View Post
                  Untrue.

As of right now the legislated level is still 0.5
                  There is no 'legislated level' - the 0.5 is MOH guideline for P lab remediation!

Comment

Which is the default level that all of the authorities currently quote.

Comment

Originally posted by flyernzl View Post
                      Which is the default level that all of the authorities currently quote.
                      Maybe so but it doesn't have any legislation behind it - it isn't the law!
                      So you can't do what the authorities do and give it more credence than it deserves by calling it a 'legislated level'.

Comment

^^^^ That's how rumors start Wayne.

www.3888444.co.nz
                        Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                        X