Hi
The tenant was given 90 days as the house was being demolished (end date 24 August)
The tenant was constantly behind in rent. Catch up then behind, catch up....constant cycle.
The tenant rang the office today and left message with someone to say they have moved out today (first I heard) and ready for inspection.
Inspection not so crucial as house being demolished. However their rent arrears is exactly the bond amount (notice to rectify was given last week).
I don't want the drama of the extra rent to claim given there is no 21 day notice in writing. I am just happy to have the headache gone. However I don't just want to claim the bond and have the tenant get off with no record at tenancy services. They have had a bad history and argumentative when contacted (refuse to talk to me now), and so I don't want some other poor landlord stuck with them. Wherever landlord that has them now did not ring here for a reference anyway so good luck to them.
However the tenant appears to have worked it so that they will likely just get bond paid out and so no record. Tenancy services gave me option to claim bond or to claim rest of rent going forward given no written notice has been given. What is the cleanest way to claim the arrears now I know they have moved out?
The tenant was given 90 days as the house was being demolished (end date 24 August)
The tenant was constantly behind in rent. Catch up then behind, catch up....constant cycle.
The tenant rang the office today and left message with someone to say they have moved out today (first I heard) and ready for inspection.
Inspection not so crucial as house being demolished. However their rent arrears is exactly the bond amount (notice to rectify was given last week).
I don't want the drama of the extra rent to claim given there is no 21 day notice in writing. I am just happy to have the headache gone. However I don't just want to claim the bond and have the tenant get off with no record at tenancy services. They have had a bad history and argumentative when contacted (refuse to talk to me now), and so I don't want some other poor landlord stuck with them. Wherever landlord that has them now did not ring here for a reference anyway so good luck to them.
However the tenant appears to have worked it so that they will likely just get bond paid out and so no record. Tenancy services gave me option to claim bond or to claim rest of rent going forward given no written notice has been given. What is the cleanest way to claim the arrears now I know they have moved out?


Comment