No announcement yet.

Need advice regarding an eviction notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Narla obviously feels very strongly about it to provoke that sort of reaction. I'm kind of sitting on the fence. It was an overblown reaction, but then saneperson can be a wind-up as well.

Comment

I find it interesting that the OP got behind in rent due to situation changing and sayd the LL should take the situation into account, yet the LL situation has changed they want OP out but op wont take this into consideration?

Im sure the LL bank was very supportive when they were informed that there was no mortgage repayments for 9 weeks. Otherwise hopefully the LL had enough money left over to put food on their family's table for that period.

Also love how people think because there are worse people out there that they are somehow doing the LL a favour.

What would have been the right thing to do in this situation was to fix it / mitigate it before it occurred - did you inform the ll that you would not be paying rent for a period of time and give him a chance to sort things out, you to move on, or to make other arrabgements to mitigate the affects? so the LL wasn't disadvantaged by your situation?

Comment

If it was 9 weeks then the LL was silly - should have nipped it in the bud much sooner.
        The LL let them pay it off and they were doing a nice job.
        I suspect this was so they had more chance of getting the money back - they felt.
        Once paid off the LL tries to pull a fast one - 42 days family moving in.
        If it isn't true then bad LL! And bad PM also.
        But then bits of the story are probably missing (always are in these cases).
        But my advice would still be to plan to leave then negotiate around the date to better suit. (With 90 days being the max they can stay - normal notice.)
        The relationship is stuffed so better out - the only question is when.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
          If it was 9 weeks then the LL was silly - should have nipped it in the bud much sooner.
          The LL let them pay it off and they were doing a nice job.
          I suspect this was so they had more chance of getting the money back - they felt.
          Once paid off the LL tries to pull a fast one - 42 days family moving in.
          If it isn't true then bad LL! And bad PM also.
          But then bits of the story are probably missing (always are in these cases).
          But my advice would still be to plan to leave then negotiate around the date to better suit. (With 90 days being the max they can stay - normal notice.)
          The relationship is stuffed so better out - the only question is when.
          I do agree with you, sorry about my comment above to the other poster. We are looking for a new property, we are just so angry that the landlord went like this.

Comment

I think its important that Narla fairly & squarely faces the consequences of his actions & inactions, these should not be minimised & swept under the carpet as he has tried to do so. If Narla is to be helped then the best help is "self help" by telling him the truth so that actions aren't repeated & the same mistakes made again by playing the "blame the landlord & anyone else game" .The consequences of repeatedly ignoring many rent arrears notices that were given has allowed rent arrears to escalate over $2900 which creates a very serious issue .This situation was left to fester out of control by the tenant .The consequences of having 3 animals at a property when the TA clearly stated no animals allowed is also a serious breach of the TA.
            The consequences of all this is that the landlord now sees Narla as a high risk problematic tenant.
            Not to be antagonistic but its doubtful if anyone here seriously would take Narla onboard at any of their tenancies.

Comment

I was keen given the well-worded 1st post, but then carefully withdrew, backing up slowly, head bowed slightly but maintaining eye-contact after the blow-up post above.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
                I think its important that Narla fairly & squarely faces the consequences of his actions & inactions, these should not be minimised & swept under the carpet as he has tried to do so. If Narla is to be helped then the best help is "self help" by telling him the truth so that actions aren't repeated & the same mistakes made again by playing the "blame the landlord & anyone else game" .The consequences of repeatedly ignoring many rent arrears notices that were given has allowed rent arrears to escalate over $2900 which creates a very serious issue .This situation was left to fester out of control by the tenant .The consequences of having 3 animals at a property when the TA clearly stated no animals allowed is also a serious breach of the TA.
                The consequences of all this is that the landlord now sees Narla as a high risk problematic tenant.
                Not to be antagonistic but its doubtful if anyone here seriously would take Narla onboard at any of their tenancies.
                I presume you know the TA clearly said no animals - I must have missed that in the thread.
                I also missed where it said the person ignored repeated rent arrears notices.
                Maybe my reading comprehension isn't up to scratch at the moment.

Comment

Maybe mrsaneperson is said LL?

Comment

Originally posted by Maccachic View Post
                    Maybe mrsaneperson is said LL?
                    could be - hadn't thought of that angle.
                    That would certainly explain the added insight.

Comment

All TA agreements run via Property Managers apply a no animals in their TA as a standard protocol .Any allowance of an animal is always stated .
                      A 9 weeks rent arrears does not happen overnight therefore it is indicative that the tenant would have received earlier arrears breach notices from the PM.

Comment

In other words: "I'm assuming it to be the case"

Comment

Sounds like the whole situation is s*** and you best off parting ways... Yet, the tone of the OP's. post and their expressed intention to make a scene sounds to me like the O.P. is the source of their own problems. Yes, s*** does sometimes happen in life. But it looks like the O.P. wants to dig their hole deeper.

Comment

Interesting how narla interpreted Mrsaneperson as a lady could it possibly be mrs ane person?

Comment

I keep reading it as Mrs too

Comment

So Narla--Just to put this into perspective,I can understand that you have felt hard done by the fact that the landlord gave you notice after you have come up with the hard earned cash,and if he is not going to occupy himself then 2 months is not the right road to take.
                                That would have to be a point against him(her).
                                But the other side of the coin has to be that you got that far in arrears in the first place with the rent--That is the ultimate nightmare for a landlord.
                                He was most likely really spooked by this and began to look at whatever means he(she) could take to break even (and perhaps overplayed it)
                                The rent arrears is a major black mark against you. Understanding this may help to put the whole issue under a different light.
                                The LLs wrong would have been more inexcusable had it not been for this.(still not right but....)
                                If you can avoid this situation in the future Im sure it will be much smoother sailing for you.
                                Good luck with your search.

Comment

Working...
                                X