Enforcing tribunal orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enforcing tribunal orders

What do you guys find the best way of tracking down tenants after they leave a property and you try to enforce your tribunal order against them?

Often requesting an address through the Ministry of Justice doesn't yield many positive results?

I've spoken to an associate of mine who owns a white ware leasing company and he says he puts alerts on Veda Advantage and when they try get credit it'll alert him of their new addresses.....

Lets get a good discussion going about this
    Fraser Wilkinson
    www.managemyrental.co.nz
    Wellington / Lower Hutt / Upper Hutt / Porirua

With my latest, I'm trying Scotney.

Comment

Am I behind the 8 ball on this one? Please explain
      Fraser Wilkinson
      www.managemyrental.co.nz

Comment

let's see

if you put

"scotney debt" into google

you get

have you defeated them?
        your demons

Comment

Did you take photos of the tenants at the start of the tenancy? Photos of their identification?

Makes it a little easier.

www.3888444.co.nz
          Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Keys View Post
            Did you take photos of the tenants at the start of the tenancy? Photos of their identification?

Makes it a little easier.
            Experience has taught me lots. I photograph drivers licenses or have the tenant give me copies now. I am still chaseing a previous tenant from 2010 with a TT order. I got her photo off her facebook page. I have just submitted another address request through Dept of housing and building for third time. She has managed to skip ahead of the bailf each time. Knowing that the TT order is good for 6 years....... I'm patient. Still would be good to see other fourm members share their success stories and what works for them

Comment

Originally posted by paul.geertson View Post
              Knowing that the TT order is good for 6 years....... I'm patient.
              If you ever get her into court and she pleads poverty. Ask for a token $1 from her. Just as a sign of good will. If she pays, get the court to note that on the order. Your six years starts again from then.

www.3888444.co.nz
              Facebook Page

Comment

Veda works. I recently got a tenant who took off overseas 5 years ago. Now getting an extra $20 a week back.
                You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Originally posted by drelly View Post
                  Veda works. I recently got a tenant who took off overseas 5 years ago. Now getting an extra $20 a week back.
                  ^^

Do you mean by loading an alert against the debtor for address changes Drelly?
                  Fraser Wilkinson
                  www.managemyrental.co.nz

Comment

Originally posted by FJW View Post
                    Do you mean by loading an alert against the debtor for address changes Drelly?
                    Yes that's right. They all pop up eventually!
                    You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Originally posted by FJW View Post
                      What do you guys find the best way of tracking down tenants after they leave a property and you try to enforce your tribunal order against them?

Often requesting an address through the Ministry of Justice doesn't yield many positive results?

I've spoken to an associate of mine who owns a white ware leasing company and he says he puts alerts on Veda Advantage and when they try get credit it'll alert him of their new addresses.....

Lets get a good discussion going about this
                      I too have used TPS Credit Control (which is Scotney's company). The order is still outstanding but the results they shared with me with regards to debts they recover seem very good

Comment

If you are in Auckland, Scotney Williams of Tenancy Practice Service is giving a presentation on managing rent arrears and the collection process at the APIA meeting in New Lynn 7pm tonight Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                        X