Header Ad Module

Collapse

Tenants damage another properties garage door on a cross-lease

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Petals
    Freshie
    • Jun 2012
    • 67

    #1

    Tenants damage another properties garage door on a cross-lease

    The house behind mine is tenanted, and one of the tenants illegally parked in the driveway (common area) on Saturday night. Early on Sunday morning, when the garage door was opened it hit the tenants car, and put a couple of dents in my garage door. Do I have to try and negotiate with the tenants directly, or do I raise with PM and/or landlord to and try get them to pay to fix the damage.
  • davtam
    Opinionated
    • Apr 2012
    • 100

    #2
    How did your garage door damage their car, did you not see it?

    Comment

    • Petals
      Freshie
      • Jun 2012
      • 67

      #3
      correct......I used the remote from the inside of the house and did not check.

      Comment

      • Petals
        Freshie
        • Jun 2012
        • 67

        #4
        just remembered I have insurance.

        Comment

        • jimO
          Fanatical
          • Sep 2011
          • 1763

          #5
          Originally posted by davtam View Post
          How did your garage door damage their car, did you not see it?
          i think the car damaged the door

          Comment

          • Petals
            Freshie
            • Jun 2012
            • 67

            #6
            Originally posted by jimO View Post
            i think the car damaged the door
            correct JimO.........I doubt the garage door damaged the car.....

            Comment

            • davtam
              Opinionated
              • Apr 2012
              • 100

              #7
              So, it sounds like someone stupidly parked their car in front of your garage, the result being a damaged door.

              I would talk to the tennants in the first instance. They should not be parking on (shared?) driveway on a cross lease.

              Comment

              • jimO
                Fanatical
                • Sep 2011
                • 1763

                #8
                Originally posted by Petals View Post
                correct JimO.........I doubt the garage door damaged the car.....
                i opened my large tilatdoor on to the side of my new Hilux ,did $500 damage to it

                Comment

                Working...