What attract good tenants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What attract good tenants?

I'm doing up a property at the moment and living in it at the same time. Its in a good part of Mt Wellington and has four beds and two baths. Its very 1980yish style. The bathrooms and laundry are new, the kitchen needs replacing and a general paint over.
    Whats on a tenants wish list apart from cheap rent in a palace?

That has as many answers as there are tenants. But clean, dry and fairly priced are probably the basics. Keep your colours basic too.

Comment

How the place looks from the street is important, 'cos it will get them interested in looking at the rest of the property. Otherwise, they might just drive on to look at the next place. Try to make it appear like it is not a "rental property"

Comment

yep planting out the front is a good start, helps encourage them to keep the place looking nice.

My tenants have also told me that they would like a heat pump... and that a house with a heat pump would win out over one without...
        Last edited by princess; 20-05-2009, 03:25 PM. Reason: wording unclear
        two ears and just one mouth.. for good reason.

Comment

So many answers to this, but a leak proof roof would be a good place to start.

FH

Comment

I always ask myself "would I be happy to live here"?
            Jo Birch
            Looking for someone to manage your next project or event? Then call now!
            +61 450 148 678

Comment

Working...
            X