Header Ad Module

Collapse

'Room by room' bonds.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Glen
    Banned
    • Jan 2005
    • 1443

    #1

    'Room by room' bonds.

    Does anyone have any experience here with room by room rentals, and if so how do they handle the bonds?

    Would it be feasible/legal to just to set up the tenancy as a week by week agreement (i.e. 1 weeks notice by either party) and only take a smaller bond equal to one weeks worth or even say $200, but not lodge it with DBH.

    Would I be allowed to do this?.....even if the tenants would be happy with this arrangement?

    I'm sure I read (somewhere....RTA?) that with a boarding house situation you could do this, but not sure whether you could do the same with 'room by room'.
  • muppet
    Banned
    • Sep 2003
    • 10593

    #2
    PM Superdad. He has a room by room rental in Hamilton.

    Comment

    • Glen
      Banned
      • Jan 2005
      • 1443

      #3
      Originally posted by muppet View Post
      PM Superdad. He has a room by room rental in Hamilton.
      Cheers muppet, although I thought he was running more of a boarding house.
      Thanks anyway

      Comment

      • Glen
        Banned
        • Jan 2005
        • 1443

        #4
        I've decided to just charge a standard $200 bond per room (regardless of whether its a single or double occupancy) at this stage with a weeks notice by either party, and see how it works from there.

        Comment

        • tpr2
          Fanatical
          • Jun 2008
          • 2939

          #5
          Interesting question glen.

          I will be interested in the outcome. RBR as pointed out to me by Clark Kent are not common in the Auckland market however I am sure they could be.

          Are there any Aucklanders doing RBR?

          Comment

          Working...