Header Ad Module

Collapse

Mediation and not Tribunal

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Heg
    Fanatical
    • Jul 2005
    • 1309

    #1

    Mediation and not Tribunal

    just heard from my PM that we have been given a mediation date of this Friday for tenants who are now 4 weeks behind in their rent. I wanted to skip this and just evict the buggers. I rang TS who informed me that we have to go to mediation first. Why? They owe us four (this week will be five) weeks rent?
    Why can't we just them evicted?
    What bothers me is I know for a fact the tenants won't turn up and then we have to wait another two weeks to go to Tribunal to evict them.
    All adds up to one hell of a lot of lost rent.
    All advice welcomed
    Jo Birch
    Looking for someone to manage your next project or event? Then call now!
    +61 450 148 678
  • Propoholic
    AKL Event Organiser
    • Apr 2005
    • 786

    #2
    All adds up to one hell of a lot of lost rent.
    All advice welcomed
    Hey Jo, you and that Sharon Trafford and the two rottweilers could have had this sorted weeks ago. We need more North England girls in the NZ property management industry, kiwi women (PM's) tend to run from the tenants when there's a bit of intimidation....they hide behind the ten day notice like its a cardboard cut out of a PM.
    Did you know that half of South Auckland is scared of Sharon?

    Comment

    • Traff
      Addicted
      • Jan 2005
      • 772

      #3
      Mediation

      Sharons there Friday Jo , you can meet and swap war stories after your hearings !

      Mark

      Comment

      • Heg
        Fanatical
        • Jul 2005
        • 1309

        #4
        If I didn't have a PM then I would have sorted this out a LOT sooner - trust me.
        Shazza (and Beau) would have been top of my list for people to accompany me to have a 'chat' with the tenants,.
        Bloody PM only told me when they were nearly 21 days in arrears...
        Jo Birch
        Looking for someone to manage your next project or event? Then call now!
        +61 450 148 678

        Comment

        • Dean@Massiveaction
          Giving life my best shot
          • Jun 2005
          • 5213

          #5
          When did Shazza hook up with Beau, I quite liked Mark :-)

          Comment

          • Heg
            Fanatical
            • Jul 2005
            • 1309

            #6
            Mark is great but trust me - he's not as half as scary as Beau
            Jo Birch
            Looking for someone to manage your next project or event? Then call now!
            +61 450 148 678

            Comment

            • Carex
              Freshie
              • Feb 2004
              • 81

              #7
              This looks like the ideal business opportunity.

              Tenancy issues? Who you gonna call? 0800 Tenant Busters.

              When Jo Sharon and Beau arrive, everything will be sorted swiftly and they will speed away in their black van with tinted windows, on to the next problem.
              Whatever it takes ...

              Comment

              • Heg
                Fanatical
                • Jul 2005
                • 1309

                #8
                Originally posted by Carex View Post
                This looks like the ideal business opportunity.

                Tenancy issues? Who you gonna call? 0800 Tenant Busters.

                When Jo Sharon and Beau arrive, everything will be sorted swiftly and they will speed away in their black van with tinted windows, on to the next problem.
                Great idea!! We could make a fortune. A Geordie, a Brummie and a Rottweiler - what a combo!
                Jo Birch
                Looking for someone to manage your next project or event? Then call now!
                +61 450 148 678

                Comment

                • drelly
                  Fanatical
                  • Jan 2004
                  • 5838

                  #9
                  Hi Jo,

                  You don't have to go to mediation first!
                  You can find me at: Energise Web Design

                  Comment

                  • Traff
                    Addicted
                    • Jan 2005
                    • 772

                    #10
                    I was having a chat with my 87 year old tenant the other day who is moving out in the next few weeks the daughter sat there on her big fat ass and said my mother must have been wearing a 'g string' when she had me cause i was still stuck up. I sat there looked at her and smiled and said nah just an English B***h with a sense of humour.

                    Don't you just love being your own PM.

                    Sharon

                    Comment

                    • Traff
                      Addicted
                      • Jan 2005
                      • 772

                      #11
                      Hi Drelly

                      I've been told that before by other members of PT but if you bypassed mediation without first trying to negotiate and you went to TT wouldn't the adjudicator throw it out of court and send you back to mediation. This has always been one of my hangups as i wouldn't want to take it straight to TT and then it get thrown back to mediation as it adds another couple of weeks onto the process.

                      Otherwise wouldn't everybody be going straight to TT and bypassing mediation or is it under special circumstances to be able to do this.

                      Comment

                      • drelly
                        Fanatical
                        • Jan 2004
                        • 5838

                        #12
                        No, I've skipped mediation most times without consequence. If you want someone evicted, what's there to mediate?
                        You can find me at: Energise Web Design

                        Comment

                        • BusyLizzy
                          ***** Junkie
                          • Apr 2005
                          • 2311

                          #13
                          Hi Jo,

                          I'd phone Tenancy Services again - you'll get someone else on the phone (and therefore the customary different answer - ha ha!)

                          I had this situation once - and phoned back to say I was prepared to go to Mediation after having other problems in the past with the tenant and that I was no longer prepared to tolerate the ongoing rigamorale. They gave me a TT date in the end.
                          Lisa

                          Comment

                          • Heg
                            Fanatical
                            • Jul 2005
                            • 1309

                            #14
                            Originally posted by drelly View Post
                            . If you want someone evicted, what's there to mediate?
                            That's precisely what I asked Tenancy services when I rang them. They reckoned that I would wait just a long for a hearing (4 weeks) and that mediation was offered in the interim. (BS I say).
                            Jo Birch
                            Looking for someone to manage your next project or event? Then call now!
                            +61 450 148 678

                            Comment

                            • Heg
                              Fanatical
                              • Jul 2005
                              • 1309

                              #15
                              P.S
                              Heard from the PM today that the tenant has finally made contact. Allegedly they will be paying $1100 tomorrow and the rest on Friday. Excuse me if I don't hold my breath......(still going to mediation though)
                              Jo Birch
                              Looking for someone to manage your next project or event? Then call now!
                              +61 450 148 678

                              Comment

                              Working...