Just got a letter to say my tenant is taking me to the Tribunal. Tenant missed a couple of rent payments so I sent her a 10 Day notice to remedy. Instead I get this Tribunal letter requesting compensation because the roof had been leaking for some time and she has had to buy two washing machines and a dryer (no receipts) also all the things that attracted her to the property had been taken away by me. I can only quess she is referring to three big silver dollar trees on the boundary that I removed as they were too big and were cracking the neighbours drive.
The roof took a bit of time to fix as it only leaked in heavy rain. An internal gutter was overflowing.The gib board gave up so there is now a repair to do inside as soon as I can get access from the Tenant. Have sent her a letter saying to get in touch but she has not replied. I had a plumber " fix " it three times before putting on a new hip roof with external guttering.
Does my 10 Day letter have priority and what comments about this compensation . Any advice would be appreciated so I can get prepared. Thanks.
The roof took a bit of time to fix as it only leaked in heavy rain. An internal gutter was overflowing.The gib board gave up so there is now a repair to do inside as soon as I can get access from the Tenant. Have sent her a letter saying to get in touch but she has not replied. I had a plumber " fix " it three times before putting on a new hip roof with external guttering.
Does my 10 Day letter have priority and what comments about this compensation . Any advice would be appreciated so I can get prepared. Thanks.


Comment