Header Ad Module

Collapse

Vietnamese translation please

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Glenn
    Fanatical
    • Jun 2005
    • 3861

    #1

    Vietnamese translation please

    Can someone help me please.
    One of my tenants just sent me this text message.
    Does anyone know what it means.

    Cuoc doi la nhu vay do chau oi . . . The nao roi sao k nghe tin gi het ? ? ? . . .
  • BusyLizzy
    ***** Junkie
    • Apr 2005
    • 2311

    #2
    Here is a rough translation according to an on-line translator I found
    http://vdict.com/?autotranslation:

    The mule flexible to borrow because of knit suffocatingly rose-apple
    and then something about:
    Stellar birch-rod listening...


    I think what it really means is:
    Mr Glenn, please be flexible in your understanding that I am unable to pay my rent this week.
    OK - I know that is absolutely of no use to you, but I did kill some time on the internet trying to solve it. Now I must really close down the PC and go outside and get some sunshine on my day off work!

    Good luck!
    Lisa

    Comment

    • Glenn
      Fanatical
      • Jun 2005
      • 3861

      #3
      Mr Glenn, please be flexible in your understanding that I am unable to pay my rent this week.
      Well Lisa that is a good translation.
      These tenants have been good rent payers.
      They did get me to go around there once and requested that I write a terse note to them telling them that their "friends" were not permitted to live in their lounge any more. Appartently their culture demands that they be hospitable but it is ok to blame the landlord.

      So I wonder if this is the translation.

      We are getting a guts full of those free loaders again. We full up to the neck with them and sufficating due to the cramped conditions with 10 people in this little two bedroom house. If they left we would have smell return to a reasonable one like rotting roses under the apple tree. You could come and given them what o with a birch rod. We promise to not listen to their screams. You are wonderful. Please come and drink another cup of our disgusting coffee.

      Comment

      • tricky
        Fanatical
        • Dec 2004
        • 1127

        #4
        Originally posted by Glenn View Post

        Cuoc doi la nhu vay do chau oi . . . The nao roi sao k nghe tin gi het ? ? ? . . .
        "We note the free-range pitbulls roaming the streets .... the last one was delicious"

        Comment

        • Glenn
          Fanatical
          • Jun 2005
          • 3861

          #5
          I have just got back from holiday in Vietnam and China. I found dog on one chinese menu but did not see it in Vietnam. But come to think of it I did not see many ( no make that any) dogs nor cats in Vietnam.
          Incidently I did not eat the dog in China I choose horse. It had a nice kick to it.
          Lucky for me I can still read a few characters in Chinese.

          Comment

          • spurner
            Fanatical
            • Apr 2005
            • 1583

            #6
            My Vietnamese is not as good as it was in the past. But the first part means "that's life/life is always like that", and the second part means "how have you been/haven't seen you for ages".

            I can assure you it is nothing to do with apples or mules!

            Comment

            • spurner
              Fanatical
              • Apr 2005
              • 1583

              #7
              Originally posted by Glenn View Post
              I have just got back from holiday in Vietnam and China. I found dog on one chinese menu but did not see it in Vietnam. But come to think of it I did not see many ( no make that any) dogs nor cats in Vietnam.
              They really do like to eat dog in the northern parts, around Hanoi, but only at certain times of the month. You have to look out for the "Tit cho" roadside signs which you'll see everywhere. Normally in conjunction with a "Bia hoi"<beer> sign!

              Comment

              • Glenn
                Fanatical
                • Jun 2005
                • 3861

                #8
                "Tit cho" roadside signs which you'll see everywhere. Normally in conjunction with a "Bia hoi"<beer> sign!
                Now you tell me. I was in Hanoi and Halong Bay / Catba Island. I did drink a little bit of their beer. Much cheaper and better than the water.
                Forever being one to push the limits beyound my understanding who knows I might well have become a dog addict. What are the symptoms.

                Comment

                • muppet
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2003
                  • 10593

                  #9
                  Hi Glenn

                  You asked:
                  What are the symptoms?
                  woof, woof.

                  Regards

                  Comment

                  • Glenn
                    Fanatical
                    • Jun 2005
                    • 3861

                    #10
                    Come to think of it I have been chasing a few tenants recently and hanging around loads of smelly rubbish bags. Still it is better to be a dog addict than a d**g addict. I have been cured of that had a twinrix injection after getting a needle stuck in me.

                    Comment

                    Working...