Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're welcome.
    Yes we shall see.
    They said contact them if any missing so pm me if so and I'll pass on their details or email on your behalf. Cheers.
    Rentex Limited Property Management - Est. 1988

Comment

Originally posted by Rentex View Post
      You're welcome.
      Query tool seems to be fixed now - I can find my TT rulings, and the latest ruling visible for Wellington is December 2 (Which seems pretty damn recent - even when the query was working correctly in the past I can't remember seeing any that soon after the date of the ruling)

Got some time free tonight so I think I might browse through a few decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWal View Post
        I can find my TT rulings, and the latest ruling visible for Wellington is December 2
        Sigh. I shouldn't have been so optimistic. All but two of the Wellington TT cases in (roughly) the last 30 days state the parties involved, but don't actually have the PDF of the TT ruling attached.

Comment

I'll email them and see.

Comment

Here you go BigWal.

Thanks for this information Karl. This appears to be a system glitch, and I will raise a call with our IT people.

The searchable data shouldn't be viewable until the order is available (one month after finalising).

Comment

Originally posted by Rentex View Post
              The searchable data shouldn't be viewable until the order is available (one month after finalising).
              Rentex - thanks again for the follow-up.

I shouldn't grumble too much, but the one month delay they refer to means that by the time you a) get a difficult tenant to the tribunal and get a ruling, and then b) get the resulting ruling view-able publicly, the tenant will have had at least a couple of months (or more) to foist themselves on another unsuspecting LL.

Oh well - life consists of working within the rules and laws you are subject to, I suppose.

Certainly makes a good case for subscribing to something like TINZ though (and for LLs to make sure they have the appropriate clauses in their tenancy agreements so that they can upload info. to TINZ). Less delay in publicising the information.

Found that out after my troublesome tenancy had started, unfortunately, but won't happen again.

PS - for anybody who isn't aware, TINZ has very clear guidance on their site on what clauses you need to include in your TA which will allow you to post information about your tenant's behaviour.

PPS - And no, I have no affiliation to TINZ.

Comment

You're welcome.
                Yes it's an unfortunate delay at a critical time.
                On the plus? side, repeat offenders are likely to have previous orders visible.

We are a TINZ member and credit checks are great because you can see previous addresses, longer TT history, ID verification, plus of course credit information.
                When I last checked, TPS credit checks had similar information.
                NZPIF members receive a discount on credit check fees.

For private landlords, make sure you do receive an application from the tenant with a specific privacy waiver before you complete credit checks. No application, no check.
                TINZ/TPS have sample forms members can use, or your property manager (if casual let) can arrange.

Comment

Working...
                X