Hi All,
I purchased a small section in a sub-division lot a year ago with the initial intention of building a new house to settle in. My intention changed about 6months later, and I had decided to not build and to sell off the section.
About a month ago, one of the builders building the neighbors house approached me asking me to fork out half of the fencing cost.
Now from my understanding, the cost of fence builds is a shared cost between neighbors. But given that I was not planning to build anymore and had since had the section listed on market for sale, would I still be liable for the building of the neighbor's fence?
so far I have told the neighbor's builder that I am selling the section and will inform the new owners about the fence cost, but he is insisting I put it in the S&P agreetment. I'm not too keen on this since it may complicate matters more, as this is only 1 of the 3 surrounding neighbors starting their built, what about the other 2 fences when they start?
Would really appreciate any form of advice as to what my options are and what I could do? Thanks, Nick
I purchased a small section in a sub-division lot a year ago with the initial intention of building a new house to settle in. My intention changed about 6months later, and I had decided to not build and to sell off the section.
About a month ago, one of the builders building the neighbors house approached me asking me to fork out half of the fencing cost.
Now from my understanding, the cost of fence builds is a shared cost between neighbors. But given that I was not planning to build anymore and had since had the section listed on market for sale, would I still be liable for the building of the neighbor's fence?
so far I have told the neighbor's builder that I am selling the section and will inform the new owners about the fence cost, but he is insisting I put it in the S&P agreetment. I'm not too keen on this since it may complicate matters more, as this is only 1 of the 3 surrounding neighbors starting their built, what about the other 2 fences when they start?
Would really appreciate any form of advice as to what my options are and what I could do? Thanks, Nick


Comment