Smoke alarms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ivanp View Post
    They are powered via alarm cable from the alarm system. And the alarm system has a large backup battery.
    what brand?

Comment

I'm installing Bosch.
      Should be the same with any decent alarm?

Comment

Originally posted by eri View Post
        often when tenants leave our apartments

i have to get on a chair with acetone to try and remove the glue residue on the ceiling

from the tape they used to cover the hard-wired smoke detectors with foam noodle bowls

bowls long gone by the time i come round

but it's true they go off with a hell of a racket

with the slightest hint of smoke

Wow I thought we are only ones. Our tenant did same thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
          I thought the hard wired ones were powered by the mains?
          They can be both, our rental just wired to power. Our house is through alarm.

We also have a bosch

Comment

Originally posted by eri View Post
            i'm seeing 10 year warranties

on cheap smoke detectors with standard 9 volt batteries, which only last a year...

so look for 10 year, lithium, batteries on the expensive ones

I see cavius do good deals at the home shows plus they are small but very load (and 10yrs battery)

Comment

Originally posted by ivanp View Post
              I wonder if anyone has good or bad experience with hard-wired photoelectric fire alarms?

As I plan to install security alarms to my rentals anyway, I'm going to add few of these fire alarms as well - costs me nothing (around US$ 10 per sensor, plus few extra meters of 4-core security alarm wire, which is cheap).
              My spouse and i question in the event any individual provides great as well as awful knowledge along with hard-wired photoelectric flame wireless house alarms? When i prefer to deploy safety wireless house alarms to be able to my personal rentals anyhow, I'm going to increase a couple of these Fire Alarm Security System(gextonsecurity . com) likewise -- prices everyone nothing at all about US$ 10 for every sensor, furthermore couple of added metres regarding 4-core security alarm line, which is low-cost.

Comment

Working...
              X