Hi guys; am buying a property in a blue-chip area in chch. due to go unconditional next week after signing agreement two weeks ago.
3 conditions: i have satisfied 2 of them (including finance); the last one that is outstanding is satisfactory LIM.
However, due to various hitches with vendor's solicitors and mine, LIM application only went in last week, and LIM won't be available till near month-end. (council inundated).
Vendor insists the delay is all my side's fault; more importantly, he refuses to grant an extension for the LIM condition, on the grounds that it "prolongs the uncertainty of whether the sale is to go through or not".
(!)
Any advice please on how to handle this. I do want the house, but having been burnt in the past, I place a high value on due diligence.
3 conditions: i have satisfied 2 of them (including finance); the last one that is outstanding is satisfactory LIM.
However, due to various hitches with vendor's solicitors and mine, LIM application only went in last week, and LIM won't be available till near month-end. (council inundated).
Vendor insists the delay is all my side's fault; more importantly, he refuses to grant an extension for the LIM condition, on the grounds that it "prolongs the uncertainty of whether the sale is to go through or not".
(!)
Any advice please on how to handle this. I do want the house, but having been burnt in the past, I place a high value on due diligence.


Comment