Hi all,
I've been thinking about this whole property cycle thing, and although I pay attention and know of it, I dont actually keep up with it. but I know a great website where people do
Anyway, I have a couple of questions, well more ponderings really:
assumptions - I'm basing this thought on the general view that the next upturn in the cycle is due in 2010/11. (if this is incorrect then please correct me and just alter any responses to your number) and I'm assuming a 7 year cycle.
i) is the cycle from 2003 (2011 minus 7) until now actually doing the same thing as the prevoius cycles have done?, thus giving a reasonable prediction the 2011 date is still looking good.
ii) what is the general advice on preparing for the next cycle. E.G stock pile cash and equity ready for deposits, or buy loads of property now and sell it when the going is good.
- I already hear the answer (ive used myself) of depends on what your trying to achive mate!... I'm not really after an answer that specfic, its more of a general feal of what YOUR doing so I can then review the answers to see if some other stratergies may be more apropriate than my plan.... ok so i aint got a plan yet, ya rumbled me!! but at least i'm thinking about it
also it may spark one of those classic PT debates on what we should/shouldn't be doing to prepare.
Regards
Rhys.
I've been thinking about this whole property cycle thing, and although I pay attention and know of it, I dont actually keep up with it. but I know a great website where people do
Anyway, I have a couple of questions, well more ponderings really:
assumptions - I'm basing this thought on the general view that the next upturn in the cycle is due in 2010/11. (if this is incorrect then please correct me and just alter any responses to your number) and I'm assuming a 7 year cycle.
i) is the cycle from 2003 (2011 minus 7) until now actually doing the same thing as the prevoius cycles have done?, thus giving a reasonable prediction the 2011 date is still looking good.
ii) what is the general advice on preparing for the next cycle. E.G stock pile cash and equity ready for deposits, or buy loads of property now and sell it when the going is good.
- I already hear the answer (ive used myself) of depends on what your trying to achive mate!... I'm not really after an answer that specfic, its more of a general feal of what YOUR doing so I can then review the answers to see if some other stratergies may be more apropriate than my plan.... ok so i aint got a plan yet, ya rumbled me!! but at least i'm thinking about it
also it may spark one of those classic PT debates on what we should/shouldn't be doing to prepare.
Regards
Rhys.


Comment