Propoholic
Yes I agree that many investors need to look hard at hgow they calculate there numbers. An older house or rougher suburb may well mean a higher manintenance allowance should be used when doing the numbers.
An example is a renatal i have in Taupo which last year had only $59.65 for repairs and maintenance. Place has great tenant and was purchased new a few years ago. VS My older Auckland rentals which seem to always need things and costs range from $200 to $1500 PA ( Although I am now on a maintenance campaign to get everything sorted, painting etc so I can ride out the slump in style)
Yes I agree that many investors need to look hard at hgow they calculate there numbers. An older house or rougher suburb may well mean a higher manintenance allowance should be used when doing the numbers.
An example is a renatal i have in Taupo which last year had only $59.65 for repairs and maintenance. Place has great tenant and was purchased new a few years ago. VS My older Auckland rentals which seem to always need things and costs range from $200 to $1500 PA ( Although I am now on a maintenance campaign to get everything sorted, painting etc so I can ride out the slump in style)


Comment