ROTORUA - Subdivide, Build & Develop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROTORUA - Subdivide, Build & Develop

hey there fellow investors!!! well, council is currently sleeping at this time as i'm posting on a Saturday which make it the weekend... i'm eager to know, so does anyone here know how much land space is needed before you can subdivide, build and develop in Rotorua???

Hi GL

Try this site:
    http://www.rdc.govt.nz/Our+Services/...ial+B+Zone.htm

Regards
    "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

Try PMing benz1. He may know.

Comment

Hi GL

Here is an answer from another forum which had a similar question.

Pay a surveyer to do you a feasibility report, this will take about 3 weeks and cost anywhere from 1500-3000 but will give you a full idea of costs, time-frames, etc etc
        And give you an idea of how many sections you can cut into, of course you have to think about drainage, services, driveways, council requirements, etc etc it is pretty complex - and they can also do a preliminary site-plan

Regards
        "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

And don't forget Rotorua has a funny rating system where the number of toilets can be a factor in multi-dwellings. I don't know the details but a friend bought a house with three studio units on the back. The rates were pretty high due to the number of toilets!!!

John

Comment

GL,

My understanding for Rotorua is:

Generally speaking, in the lower density urban areas, the minimum section size is 350 square metres, but with an average of 450m, so a minimum size for sudivision into two lots would be 900m. One lot could be as small as 350m but the other would have to be minimum of 550m.

A subsidiary unit (up to 72 sq m) can be put on a section as small as 600m.

In the higher density central city area lot sizes can go down to 150m excluding common areas.

Julian
            Gimme $20k. You will receive some well packaged generic advice that will put you on the road to riches beyond your wildest dreams ...yeah right!

Comment

Working...
            X