Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to avoid absurd NZ building costs in the current market?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elguapo View Post
    Yes, large part of South Auckland are these houses from the 70s/80s. As i have said before, no one is interested in low cost housing. What they want is nice, designer houses in good areas at a price less than everyone else is paying. The 'affordable housing' idea is a lie.
    Unfortunately they don't want to pay for it - they'll have to meet reality sometime.

The homes that were built back in the 50's - Beazely homes and the like - seemed to do the trick.
    A handful of plans and just sprinkle them down a street.

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheMove View Post
      The funny thing is Monolithic back in the day, (late 80s etc) was a status symbol. The "Miami Vice" houses. But they were built it appears a LOT differently to today as the ones I grew up around are still standing and have no issues at all. The ones I was familiar with in NSW/Qld were double brick then rendered.
      The Poly houses I have built are also still in perfect condition without any leaks.
      Monolithic houses don't inherently leak!

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo View Post
        There is one of these in Gulf Habour. I thinks it's about $1.4m
        There are some lovely bespoke beauties up there to contradict the cookie cutter leaky home.

Most houses at the price range you suggest have views, but if you get a home like you describe on one of the esplanades the price is like anywhere in Auckland, if you have to ask you cannot afford it :-). And that is where I am at haha. Matakatia bay, Tindalls bay, Manly and Stanmore Bay all get gorgeous water front but they also get flooded with summer imports on the beach looking directly into your home.

This is why I like Arkles as its a little more out of the way and tends to be a "bit" more quiet.

Check this 1910 house out, has been redone to its original beauty with quite a bit of modern feature. Waking up to seeing yachts out your window 20m away would be nice. It was on Auction so must have not got the interest required. Just love wood. Hard wood.

Find your dream home in New Zealand with Trade Me. Browse our full range of NZ real estate listings to discover the perfect property for families, couples and s...

Comment

Working...
        X