Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying a brand new house near to Railway track and Gas station within proximities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a brand new house near to Railway track and Gas station within proximities?

Hi All,

I am considering buying my first house in West Auckland-Swanson and it's a new development. The house we are considering has 2 issues not issues may be points to consider 1. Railway track right behind the house and Railway station 89meters distance and 2. Gas station within 140meters distance. As we are in 2018 most of the trains and tracks are electrified and being a brand new house comes with Double glazed windows in terms of noise should be ok. But, would like to know your opinions in terms of How these Railway track or Gas station will affect the property price ? Any recommendations.

Also, Renting houses demand in Swanson suburb as we are buying to rent it out not to live, Is there any place website to find recent Rental stats like Demand, Rent estimates etc.

In general, when buying a property in a development means, we can't think of re-selling for next 5-10 years atleast as the Buyer will have same sort of many options includes new constructions to consider so chances are less in making some money in need. Though our intention is not sell and we are not seeing this as Investment property?

Any thoughts are highly appreciated.Thank you

Homes.co.nz gives you a rough guide on what a property will sell/rent for. Rough guide though.

Lived in ranui for a bit with 1 house between where I lived and the tracks. Got use the the trains and that was without double glazing. So I don't think the rails are a hugh negative.

As for gas station, handy for late night snack run if so inclined. And there is a Pak n Save close by.

On the plus, rail good for city workers.

Hope that helps a little.

Comment

How will it affect the rent? If I had a choice between your rental and another further away from both, I would choose the other one.

Comment

very attractive to renters; shop up the road and walk to station what more would you want?

Comment

I personally would advice against buying next to railway, pylons, gas stations, cliffs, low lying areas prone to flooding, and plaster homes.

Buy cheap now, it will remain cheap in the future.
          Gary Lin Property Coaching
          www.Garylin.co
          https://www.facebook.com/RealGaryLin/

Comment

Originally posted by GLin View Post
            I personally would advice against buying next to railway, pylons, gas stations, cliffs, low lying areas prone to flooding, and plaster homes.

You mean Location, Location, Location :-)

Comment

but amenity and convenience can outway other factors? close to the trains is both a plus and minus in this case

Comment

Wonderful to hear all your thoughts - thanks for your time. Personally, I feel now to utilise this situation [Train station and Gas station] within the proximities to negotiate a deal with builder. I believe if we spend less now than there are chances that we don't loose much when we re-sell. Please continue to post your thoughts.

Comment

If you are buying it for yourself to live in, then it has to meet your needs.

If not, then it has to meet the needs of others which could be very different to yours.

Does the purchase work on paper? Do the sums with no emotion involved and you should see pretty quickly if the property works.

Comment

Originally posted by GLin View Post

in Australia 20 years ago the advice was similar... you could add main roads to that list. These unwanted bargains (close to stations, main roads) became prime high density development sites that appreciated far better than the more desirable locations in the same suburb.

however the advice on pylons, flood zones, cliffs is sound.

Comment

proximity to gas station - not relevant
                      proximity to light train - advantage if your house is insulated and double glazed

Comment

Working...
                      X