Are you selling a rental?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
    When it comes to investment I find it pays to think wider than property.
    Some people think property is the only valid investment so, with this in mind, you probably wouldn't sell.
    But that ignores other investment options, maybe with better returns short and long term.
    It all comes down to what the goals are - and they change as time goes on.
    Early on it might be about growth in equity, later it might be about cash flow.
    Risk comes in here also.

I can't see how anyone can give a hard answer to the Ops question without knowing more about the circumstances surrounding it.

I think it is easy to give a hard answer as you say because of the questions he asked.

He thought it was time to sell because he couldn’t see the price going up anymore, which is a ridiculous reason if you’re an investor with any common sense at all. Plus the yield he assumed is now less, which is not the way to look at it as explained above.

Wayne, you're attached to other forms of investment (shares etc) not because they are better (and they’re not), but because you get a commission for selling them to others!! You have no leverage of time nor money when it comes to shares, managed funds etc in the traditional way they are sold.
    Facebook Property Chat Group NZ
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/340682962758216/

Comment

Originally posted by orion View Post
      Wayne, you're attached to other forms of investment (shares etc) not because they are better (and they’re not), but because you get a commission for selling them to others!! You have no leverage of time nor money when it comes to shares, managed funds etc in the traditional way they are sold.
      Really?
      You know me that well?
      You'd be very wrong!
      I'm not the one writing books to sell
      I know you are passionate about property Graeme but there is more to life - there really is.

Property has been a means to an end for me.
      I currently have, wealth wise, about 6% shares and 94% property.
      Investment wise I have around 8% shares and 92% property.
      I have done well out of property but am not blinded by it - it is a matter of 'horses for courses' I believe.

It's all a matter of strategy to reach an end goal. You need to know what you want and when you want it.
      Each person is different but you need to be able to adapt the strategy as you reach different stages towards your goal - or when you reach the goal itself.
      You don't have to keep doing the same old thing.

Comment

There's very little money in books Wayne! 😀
        Lucky to break even actually, more of a hobby than a way to make money 😀
        Facebook Property Chat Group NZ
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/340682962758216/

Comment

Working...
        X